Makeup for neck discoloration

graywings123December 26, 2007

I have sun damaged skin on the sides of my neck, and then very light colored skin directly under my chin.

Are there any products or procedures that can repair the sun damage?

Any recommendations for foundation products to use on my neck that wouldn't instantly rub off on my clothing?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

don't know of a good make-up or cover cream, but you might check with a dermatologist about having 'permanent make-up' done.

A friend does permanent make-up, mostly brows & eyeliner, but she also works with a cosmetic surgeon who does restorative work for people who have birthmarks, burns, etc.

You might just check with a licensed technician, it might be less expensive, but be sure to look at her before & after photos & check with some of her previous clients;
permanent make-up is art as well as technology, & you need someone who's good at matching skin tones & so forth.

Best luck!

Bookmark   December 28, 2007 at 4:16PM
graywings123

Thanks!

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 8:13AM
bud_wi

Permanent make-up is a great idea but it can be painful to have done, and expensive, and may take years to complete a large area.

Have you ever tried using Air Stockings or a similar product on the neck area that you say is discolored? It comes in an aerosol can in various hues and it has fairly heavy coverage and won't rub off easily onto clothing like face foundations do when you wear then on the neck. I have it for my legs for when I do not wear hose but don't want to look pale and veiny. Of course its not a ideal long term solution. They do make waterproof and rub proof face foundation make-up. Have you tried them and been disatisfied?

Unfortunately no product on the market can reverse sun damage, only make it less noticable.

*I was going to add a link to Air Stockings in a can but I see their domain is for sale and they are probably out of business. There might be a similar product though.

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 7:15PM
More Discussions
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
Sponsored Products
Double Face 3x or 5x Brass Magnifying Mirror In Chrome And Gold
TheBathOutlet
3 Lights Contemporary LED Makeup Mirror Vanity Light
ParrotUncle
Chirp 12-Oz. Thermal Travel Mug
$10.99 | zulily
Extendable Wall Mount 2X Magnifying Makeup Mirror
Overstock.com
24" Salinas Teak Makeup Drawer
Signature Hardware