help identifying china cabinet

viqueantiqueAugust 29, 2012

please help! i inherited this from my grandmother. it is very large, measuring about 76" across and with four glass cabinet doors in the top portion.

i don't know when it was made but i think it may be broyhill because there is other furniture in the apartment which is broyhill. i haven't found a label or other identifying feature on it. i would love to learn more about who manufactured it, its age, and its value. thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
antiquesilver

Have you checked the drawers to see if a name is stenciled somewhere on them?

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 1:01AM
viqueantique

Great suggestion - it is made by Bassett. I can't seem to find a similar one online. I searched for "Bassett china cabinet" or "Bassett breakfront". What is the market for something like this? How can I find out its value?

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 8:07PM
palimpsest

Its value is that of used furniture: what someone is willing to pay in your location. In my location it might be a couple hundred dollars tops, because other vintage styles are more popular.

It may be the picture but the top and chest finishes appear to be slightly different. They look like they are a pair but possibly put together at different times? The lower half is much shinier.

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 9:55PM
lindac

I agree, Pal. Also the design on the columns between the doors and drawersais different. I susect it's a married set.

Bookmark   August 31, 2012 at 12:51AM
More Discussions
Assistance regarding Lofisa Porcelain
Can anyone shed some light on this piece? I bought...
imaztribabe
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
Can anyone identify this nightstand?
This nightstand was my grandmas and was given to me...
Michael Potter
Vase no marks new or old ?
I have this vase with no mark at bottom, it's real...
Dones
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
TulipWoolf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™