Hair Hilighted Problem

carla35November 6, 2008

Hey, I got my hair hilighted and I thought I stressed that I wanted it to appear significantly lighter. I even brought pictures. Well, I get home and although there are some hi-lights, my hair appears darker especially in the front where I thought I stressed I wanted it lighter. I am very disappointed.

Should I call and see what the hair dresser can do? She did put a bunch of hi and low lights on my hair so I'm not even sure it can be processed again with hi-lights so soon. Does anyone know if it can be corrected easily? I kinda feel bad complaining, but I paid enough that I would like to at least be somewhat happy with it. It's like she really didn't listen to me. And, if she does correct it, will I need to pay her more - should I tip again? What is your experience with this kind of stuff?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
centralcacyclist

My hairdresser would fix it no charge. Since you brought photos and were very specific I think she should fix it for no charge.

Wondering, did she use foils or papers or pull hair through a cap? I think using foils or papers allow the stylist to be more precise than the cap method.

Bookmark   November 7, 2008 at 12:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla35

She used foils but I think she did thinner sections than I wanted and so it turned out darker and more subtle than I had asked for.

I called and she seemed nice and is planning on adding some lighter tones (or something). I'm guessing she won't try to charge me more; I guess I'll find out. Thanks.

Bookmark   November 7, 2008 at 8:37PM
More Discussions
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Questioning Long Hair
I haven't had long hair in 45 yrs, I finally let it...
joann_fl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™