Best 'wet look' shadow for lids of a certain age?.?...

ocbirdNovember 6, 2003

I love the shimmery "wet" look of certain eyeshadows, but don't want anything that will make my lids look crepey.

I've found Mac has some decent cream shadows, but i'd like to find something more sheer.

Any suggestions? Has anyone tried the Rimmel shine shadows?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mitchdesj

I find a mat cream shadow more flattering for most age groups; Guerlain has little pots of cream shadow that I love; they are pricey though and I'm certain they can be found in cheaper makes. Applied with a small flat brush, they are easy to work with and seem to not accentuate the effects of aging.....

Bookmark   November 14, 2003 at 6:48AM
Sassafras

ocbird-

I love a soft shimmery look too, especially when I'm going out for the evening. I have trouble finding creme shadows that don't end up in the creases of my eyelids though. I'm wondering if there is something that can be applied to the lids before a creme shadow that will stop the creasing? The foundation trick doesn't seem to work for me on anything other than powder shadows.

(Btw.. I need help from my fellow forumers. I've been a member for a while now, but didn't subcribe at first when the forum became pay-only. I can't remember if there is a way to go in and edit posts once they're posted? Thanks in advance for any advice given!)

Bookmark   November 14, 2003 at 12:22PM
mitchdesj

Sass, unfortunately this forum doesn't allow edits, I wish they would sometimes. Homeportfolio has that feature and it's nice.

Bookmark   November 14, 2003 at 6:09PM
ponderinstuff

I think for "mature" skin matte is usually more flattering. The shine also highlights imperfections and looks better on youthful skin. This was my observation doing facials/makeup in the past.

Bookmark   November 15, 2003 at 12:34AM
Sassafras

Well shoot! mitchdesj, I could sit and preview my posts all day long, and then as soon as I post it I find a typo I missed. Why is it cute when someone else typos, but it's so annoying when I do it? LOL!

ocbird- My daughter has used the Rimmel shine shadows and they look very pretty on her. I haven't tried them myself yet. They do have some very pretty colors. :)

Bookmark   November 17, 2003 at 9:14AM
mitchdesj

Sass, I think we all get used to the typos on thathomesite; over time, you hardly notice them....
At the cooking forum, the most memorable one was in the title of a thread, someone posted: puppy seeds instead of poppy seeds;
everyone still remembers that one.

Bookmark   November 18, 2003 at 5:49AM
Sassafras

LMAO! I want some puppy seeds!

Bookmark   November 22, 2003 at 10:27PM
joann23456

It's just like paint. Flat paint covers imperfections.

Bookmark   December 3, 2003 at 12:23AM
sheilajoyce_gw

Keeping eye shadow where you put it and avoiding creases--my daughter swears by Bobby Brown's base for eye make up. Says everyone asks how she keeps it from making lines or disappearing. I have used Eye Fix from Elizabeth Arden -- I like her Lip Fix too.

Bookmark   December 31, 2003 at 12:20PM
More Discussions
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
Sponsored Products
Area Rug: Sarah Brown 12' x 15'
Home Depot
Walters - Cognac leather Three-seat 87" sofa
Interior Define
Heritage Deadbolt Lock
Signature Hardware
Cassara 60" Round Outdoor Dining Table Cover
$84.50 | FRONTGATE
Berti Pendant by Arteriors
$2,016.00 | Lumens