Nice brown mascara

jennNovember 18, 2007

Does anyone know of a nice brown (NOT brown-black) mascara that goes on nice and doesn't clump? I've been using a brand for years that can only be purchased by mail order, and I'd like to find a good brand that I can buy locally.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jcrowley99

Covergirl Professional all-in-one mascara comes in brown and it does not clump. I actually use it as brow gel, it is a very nice medium brown. I also have used the black on my lashes and it worked really well.

Bookmark   November 20, 2007 at 5:03PM
jenn

Thank you! I'll check that out.

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 12:05PM
bud_wi

There are lots of brands of brown mascara. Just go to the drugstore and go up and down the aisle and read the lables lok for the word "brown" on the package) OR go to a department store and ask for "brown mascara", and they will bring them out for you to look at.

High end cosmetic companies also make mascara in deep dark colors other than brown. They softer and are not as harsh as black mascara, and are not bright colors either like that horrible blue mascara that Maybelline makes. Both Channel and Lancome make mascara in deep brownish plum, and deep, almost brown, forest green, charcoal gray, ect. Just something to consider when shopping......

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 3:28PM
jenn

Yes, I've seen brown mascaras... I want specific recommendations, not just whether or not they exist. I don't like to waste money on experiments so if there is one that is often recommended, I'll try it. I just want plain ol' brown mascara, not any other color and not black.

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 11:59PM
ines_99

Max Factor's 2000 calorie in "Auburn". It looks reddish, but goes on brown. Very natural looking, but it may be sold under another name now, MF has revamped alot of their products. Still, the colors are the same, and most likely so are the formulas. I'd just choose one of their thickening mascaras in the auburn color. Approx $6 or $7 at Walmart type stores.

Bookmark   November 22, 2007 at 12:16PM
terilyn

Laura Mercier has a beautiful brown, I love it.

Bookmark   November 29, 2007 at 6:24PM
chinacat_sunflower

:) Max's new 'precision' applicator (the punky-looking rubber ones) comes in a brown, and it's actually knocked Lamcome out of the top spot (two of the three indulgences in my life were Lancome's 'lash out' and their 'artliner' pens)

Bookmark   December 10, 2007 at 2:57PM
susancnw

E.L.F - available online and at KMart or Big Lots - and it's only $1.I have to watch it with my sensitive eyes, but I've had no problems. And it is dual end -regular or waterproof

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 9:16PM
carlac33_comcast_net

I have traveled the aisles looking for brown mascara and have not seen any in a long time. I also want a nice brown that does not clump together. I tried the black/brown Cover Girl mascara and the one I bought was clumpy so much so that when I cleaned my face it came off in clumps. I will try some of the ones mentioned because I don't want to mail order but will if I have to. i want it THAT bad.

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 6:41PM
RedTurtle

I'm in love with Lashblast by Covergirl, but I think it only comes in black-brown. Makes my lashes so thick and full. But any mascara will clump if you don't apply it properly. You need to wipe the excess off the wand before applying. I use a little piece of saranwrap to wipe off the excess, then when I go back for a second coat, I can use the masacara on the saran wrap instead of dipping back in the tube. That way I don't waste any.

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 9:56PM
reb33_comcast_net

Did Jenn who posted the question re: nice brown mascara ever find a brand to suit her? I have yet to find any. I am a fading redhead and 77 years old and feel that brown-black is too harsh. Years ago Elizabeth Arden put out a beige-brown that was perfect. As a teen, I started out with Maybelline's sable brown. Would that they had that color now.

Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 1:53AM
More Discussions
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Sponsored Products
Gold Trim Bronze Swing Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Graham & Brown Large Damask Wallpaper - 17773
$30.00 | Hayneedle
Cobble Brown Red and Blue Flowers Shade Anya Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Safavieh Handmade Soho Gardens Brown/ Multi New Zealand Wool Rug (2'6 x 14')
Overstock.com
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Shag Taupe 7 ft. x 7 ft. Square
Home Depot
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Oriental Weavers Rugs Kiawah Cumberland Multi 1 ft. 10
$54.97 | Home Depot
Eddie Bauer Premium Fleece Reversible Sherpa Throws
Overstock.com
Trans-Ocean Ravella Leaf Indoor/Outdoor Rug - Red - RVL23190224
$39.90 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™