Anyone good at translating?

valmont325August 18, 2012

I have an Old library type steps that converts into a chair and this is what is wrote on it.(See photo) if i am correct it is german? and the last part i think says "Fall down" but every translation site tells me other things. So i shall leave it in your good hands. Thanks!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Metal drop down case

Metal drop down frame

    Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 6:03AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you. Weird, because its not metal. Its wood.

    Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 10:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I thought it might be Plats-Deutsch for something like - little steps means no falls.

    Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 11:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I agree....I think it's Dutch.

    Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 12:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Well, you have that upper board obscure the letters.

Lischen Fall Net Runter (it's dialect, Hessian or a Southern German dialect)

Lischen (Little Liz), don't fall off/down. Runter means falling down from something higher up.

    Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 10:54PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Question about Eastlake washstand that has two types of drawer joints
Hi. I recently purchased an antique washstand that...
Patricia Oliver
camelback sofa
Hello there - could anyone help me to identify the...
Antimassacars and tablecloth
I found a cache of embroidered and lace furniture accessories...
Rosenthal China Pattern?
I stumbled upon this fine china bowl by Rosenthal,...
Sponsored Products
Belle Foret Mono Block Bar Faucet CP
Free Pad New Village Made Runner Hand Knotted Wool Balouch Navy Blue Area Rug
BH Sun Inc
Copper Patina Touch-Up Repair Kit
Signature Hardware
Philips | Palette F3511 2 Light Bath Sconce
$298.00 | YLighting
Aspire Mid Size Sectional
Opulent Items
Silver 'Sisters' Frame
$13.99 | zulily
Chevron Yellow and White Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$350.00 | Bellacor
Ava Emerald Fabric Oak Dining Chair
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™