What jacket to wear with cocktail dress?

purpleaaNovember 1, 2008

I have a heavenly sleeveless satin teal-colored cocktail dress. Heavenly, except it's sleeveless, and I've got troubles with being cold. The fabric is a shiny satin.

I have a nice black suit jacket that has a fancy button. The fabric of the jacket is appropriate for dressy business attire. It's a matte sort of fabric, all black.

Wondering if these two things sound like they go together, because of the fabrics? I'm thinking they do, just wanted some other opinions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla35

Hummmm... I not thinking they go together, but without seeing them I guess it's hard to say. Generally I wouldn't think a buttoned suit type jacket would go with satin cocktail dress. I'm thinking a shawl type thing may work better or even a little fancy black sweater with some beeding.

Can you find/post a similar type dress and jacket just so we can picture what your talking about. I would hate to mislead you; they could look great together.

Bookmark   November 2, 2008 at 12:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
purpleaa

Thanks for your response.

The shapes of both pieces look great together. It is the fabric I'm worried about. Unfortunately the photographs do not show the fabric types well. All I can say is the dress is as shiny as satin gets (not iridescent like taffeta, but very shiny), and the jacket is about as matte as it gets.

Bookmark   November 2, 2008 at 8:36AM
More Discussions
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™