Perfume question

inchworminjerseyNovember 7, 2003

I've been going crazy trying to find a light floral scent that doesn't seem to bother people when you are in a crowd. Some perfumes seem to have an undertone that can be really irritating to some people's sinuses. Any suggestions of things to look for...Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weed30

The one linked below is very light and fresh smelling. I can't tell you how many compliments I get on it...including from complete strangers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heart

Bookmark   November 7, 2003 at 4:19PM
mitchdesj

weed, I have yet to try yours but intend to eventually.
One floral perfume I used to wear years ago is Anais Anais from Cacharel, it's very soft and not overpowering. L'Air du Temps de Nina Ricci is also a classic soft scent...

Bookmark   November 9, 2003 at 5:28AM
weed30

mitch, you can get a sample pack for $7.50 if you email them about it. If shipping is outrageous, and you really want it, I can order it and mail it myself for less.

Bookmark   November 12, 2003 at 9:38PM
dragonfly2

Weed, I ordered Heart,, hope I like it, didn't know they have a sample pack. Also like Miracle body mist by Lancome, and love the new Blue by Lauren, but it's so light it's gone in an hour.

Bookmark   November 13, 2003 at 9:47PM
weed30

Dragonfly, I caved and bought the scented Blue lotion. I don't often find scents I like, and I just love it. During the time I was testing it, I got 6 spray samples. Then when I bought the lotion/perfume combo I got a small sample bottle. I'm going to sell them on eBay to help underwrite the cost ;) Seriously - these things sell!

If you end up not liking Heart, email me and I'll buy what's left. Even when I have other scents around, I still use Heart regularly.

Bookmark   November 14, 2003 at 8:39AM
Sassafras

I love Heart also. Ohhh how I miss Love's Musky Jazmin scent... even trusty e-bay doesn't have it.

Bookmark   November 14, 2003 at 12:24PM
chinacat_sunflower

Nelson/bach and Aura Cacia both make essential oils that I LOVE...and I have noticed that natural scents are much less likely to freak out the sensitive (mints and the heavy florals like rose and jasmin seem to be exceptions- some people are specifically allergic to roses, and nothing else, it seems)

Hove perfumier in New Orleans also makes wonderful blends and single-note fragrances that come both in cologne form and in a solid (beeswax and jojoba) that lasts FOREVER on my skin.

Bookmark   December 30, 2003 at 12:37PM
joann23456

You might try Lancome's Tresor. It has a base of peach tones.

Bookmark   January 2, 2004 at 1:26AM
More Discussions
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™