Boot advice needed!!

homey_birdNovember 20, 2013

Hi,
I am new to buying boots. For some reason, tall or semi-tall boots have never looked good on me! I have slim legs, slim calves and thin ankles, and most boots look ill-fitting on me.

I live in SF Bay, and weather here is kind enough for me to go wearing my regular shoes even in winter. However, lately, I've noticed that we venture out a few times during winter (walk in the park with kids etc. or ski vacation) -- and during those times not wearing nice boots kills me.

So I am in the market for mid-calf boots.

I'm past fashionista stage in life. I need low heel or flat boots that are comfortable. UGG's are a strong candidate though I did not like how they made my legs look, but they are comfortable. Before I take the plunge, I want to check if anyone here has any style advice/brand suggestions for pretty and comfortable boots.

My price point is ~$250.00, although I do not mind buying less expensive ones. :-), Also, chances are these are the ones I will wear for the rest of my life through winters, so I want to make sure these will be a right choice.

Thanks in advance!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sloedjinn

Zappos has an option to sort their boot selection by narrow calf. Also, a shoe repair guy can cut the calf of a boot down sometimes. My favorite boot brand in your price range is Frye (though some of their styles are more expensive). Another brand I really like is Miz Mooz.

I hate the standard Ugg style boots. They just look so sloppy to me. But the Ugg brand makes some styles that are cute and not at all like 'Ugg' boots.

Bookmark   March 9, 2014 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
Questioning Long Hair
I haven't had long hair in 45 yrs, I finally let it...
joann_fl
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™