Tell me how you use your BS or CC grill

cottonpennyFebruary 18, 2012

Thinking about the 36" rangetop, probably BS because I like the look. I'm not sure I'll ever use 6 burners at once.

I thought about griddle but I don't usually cook breakfast and I worry about cleaning it. We live in the northeast, so grilling during the winter is unpleasant.

What types of foods do you cook on the built-in grill? How is it to clean? I've seen the video of Trevor lining the CC grill with foil - assume you can do something similar with the BS?

If I get the grill, I'm thinking of getting a 42" modernaire hood with 1200 cfm internal blower. Assume that would be enough?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jscout

Also in the NE and in a nutshell, anything you can do on an outdoor grill can be done inside...ANYTHING! I clean it the same way too. Just crank up the heat to carbonize the bits and until the oils stop smoking and then use the wire brush and scrape everything below. I have a CC but, I'm pretty sure the BS is the same.

Bookmark   February 18, 2012 at 9:59AM
Zalmark

Cottonpenny- Also in NE and planning to get a 48" BS range top w/ grill. We grill outside all year long but I plan to use the BS for times throughout the year when I just want to roast small quantities esp. veggies, and don't want to run in an out...especially in the cold.
I just grilled a couple of lamb chops in the BS test kitchen..delicious.. but lots of smoke. You can put foil on the catch tray.
Good luck!

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 9:39AM
Emilner

I have a 48" CC with a grill/griddle. The grill is great, to the point that I should have skipped the griddle and gone for a 24" grill. I have cooked chicken, veggies, burgers, lamb chops, thick cut bacon, steaks, you name it! The best part is clean up is easy- I hit it with a regular grill brush and put the cover it- done! Every month or so I take the grates off and put them in the DW. They reverse so you can cook delicate fish with the very wide flat side or everything else on the thin side (which has built in grease channels that really do direct the grease to the front). You do need to make sure you have a large exhaust fan to take care of the smoke that occurs when grilling. I have also seen people use them as additional burners when you need a lot of burner space...

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
36" induction cooktop with bridge
So far we've only found two 36" induction glass-top...
woodysapsucker
Blue star French door ELECTRIC oven. Opinions?
looking at BS French door 30" ELECTRIC Anyone...
litebags
Bosch 36 Flexinduction Cooktop - Anyone Have a User Review
I have purchased the new 36" bosch Flexinduction,...
marcmargolis926
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
Sponsored Products
Kichler Modern Contempo Flush Mount
1800Lighting
22" Tucker Vanity with Vessel Sink - Espresso
Signature Hardware
Morrow Bay Post Light by Maxim Lighting
$110.00 | Lumens
Polished Chrome Whitehaus WHSD1167 Brass Curved Soap / Lotion Dispenser
$89.00 | Blue Bath
Ginkgo Le Prix 20-piece White Flatware Set
Overstock.com