Waterproof Mascara?

ninosNovember 21, 2007

I have been searching for a good waterproof mascara for a long time now. I have oily skin so i use a waterproof to keep it from running down my eyes. I have used Maybelline's Great Lash(waterproof) and that eventually it runs too. Has anyone found a good waterproof mascara?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zoewolf

Waterproof mascara is supposed to be bad for your eyelashes. I don't understand what having oily skin has to do with your eyelashes?

If you're already using a waterproof mascara and your oily skin is dissolving it, I would look for something for my skin, not a different mascara.

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 7:39PM
anitamo

I've been wearing Kiss Me mascara for almost a year now, and I love it. I had the same smudging problem as you (oily skin) but this stuff has eliminated that problem...no more raccoon eyes. It's one of those fiber type mascaras that only comes off with gentle pressure. The first time I removed it I thought I was losing my eyelashes...it comes off in clumps, but looks like lashes. LOL. Scared me. Check it out at sephora, I know they sell it, not sure where else, but there are other brands of fiber mascara, too, this is the only one I tried.

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 5:19PM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

Marathon Mascara is the only foolproof mascara I've ever used.
I wear it when I go swimming or will be sweating a lot. However, it is difficult to remove and doesn't apply easily.

Bookmark   November 24, 2007 at 10:41AM
ninos

Thank you ladies! I will try the Kiss Me brand first. My sister is off to Woodfield mall today so i have asked her to pick it up for me.

Bookmark   November 25, 2007 at 11:28AM
anitamo

ninos...let us know what you think of it.

Bookmark   November 25, 2007 at 1:05PM
plasticgarden

I use LOREAL VOLUMINOUS waterproof (in the summer) and it is pretty good.I have gone swimming and no smudges or anything.
It is kinda hard to get off though,so you may need to use baby oil or some other make up remover to get it off.Soap and water just dont cut it.

Bookmark   November 26, 2007 at 6:41PM
susancnw

E.L.F. - online or KMart around here - only $1 - and it's great, even with sensitive eyes.

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 9:19PM
thecitychicken

Marathon mascara is the only truly waterproof that I've found. You can't get it off very well...so my trick is to not take it off!

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 12:58AM
petalpatsy

My favorite is Maybelline Unstoppable. No racoon eyes on me, even when I'm very naughty and sleep in it.

Bookmark   March 7, 2009 at 10:10PM
whoooooooooosh

Kiss Me mascara is wonderful... good luck. There are others like Kiss Me, but I didn't think they were as smooth. I also use the primer by Kiss Me.

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 5:21PM
anitamo

Yep, it is wonderful. I'm still using it.

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 5:52PM
pammiesue

My daughter swears by the Chanel Imitable waterproof mascara
over MAC primer.
She was in accident end of Feb, in ICU for 4 days, had surgery for broken neck, in all of that she had to remove the mascara on 5th day.
Everyone kept remarking that she must have awesome mascara because her lashes were just as gorgeous after several days as they were the first night. She could barely talk at times, but would mumble "Chanel waterproof and MAC primer..."
I can't wait to try it!

Bookmark   March 12, 2009 at 10:54PM
More Discussions
Good night cream
I have tried a number of night creams and wondered...
gumspring45
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™