Self-Tanners

BeverlyALNovember 17, 2004

I have used several brands of self-tanners and have been allergic to all of them. I can use each of them a week or two and then they start make my legs itch. I've used Avon, Clinique and several others. I've tried Neutrogena once but it isn't very good and I can't find it anymore. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions as to one that is hypoallergenic?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BeverlyAL

Looks like I may as well move this on down.

Bookmark   November 22, 2004 at 8:01PM
JessyFeldm_speakeasy

Beverly, check out a book by Paula Begoun called 'Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me'. She also has a website called cosmetics cops (link below). She analyzes cosmetics and stuff by ingredients and debunks a lot of the BS. She has discussed tanning lotions. Also has a hair care book. Great consumer advocate. She has her own skin care line.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paula Begoun's site

Bookmark   November 23, 2004 at 12:30AM
BeverlyAL

Thanks Jessy! I will do just that.

Speaking of those cosmetics, I once heard a scientist talking about cosmetics that are supposed to something special to your skin. He said there is no such thing as some of the ingredients listed on the jar.

Bookmark   November 27, 2004 at 4:43PM
queenie77

I have also used serveral self-tanners and have been allergic to them all. I have even tried hypoallergenic self-tanners but still get a horrible rash from them that can last a couple of weeks. Have you had any luck with self-tanners since posting your lost post?
I now think its the dha added in self-tanners. This it the main ingreient in all self-tanners. Anyway I have an appointment with the dermatoligist later this week to find out what I'm allergic to. Lets hope its not the dha or I wont be able to use any self-tanners apart from the bronzers that wash off or fade by the end of the day.

Bookmark   July 3, 2006 at 12:35PM
starz

If I shave and then use them right after, I get a horrible rash. Using an electric razor helped me, waiting a day later, and using fake bake has given me the least amount of bumps and looks dark after one application. My fav so far.

Bookmark   July 4, 2006 at 3:25AM
reena8589

I want to try this, but have to sell my Jet Tan first. If anyone decides to purchase it...please let me know.

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Famous Daves Self-Tanner

Bookmark   October 25, 2006 at 3:23PM
topazlm_yahoo_com

Same for me!! I always break out in a hive type rash! there must be an ingedient I am allergic to. I have tried several brands and even the more expensive department store ones and get the same rash.I am thinking of trying a spray tan but i am afraid the same thing will happen.
I guess we have to use the sun but that is not good or else embrace being pale, which is no fun either!

Bookmark   March 15, 2011 at 12:53PM
fallstar1_comcast_net

I too have tried MANY self tanners and every single one of them makes my legs itch, which drives me crazy, so I don't use them. If anyone knows of one that doesn't have that effect, please let me know. I'm also going to check on the "DHA" ingredient mentioned above.

Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 9:24PM
More Discussions
Cracked heels - why only women?
Has anyone ever wonder why only we women get cracked...
organicboat
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™