Electrolux speed or just convection?

joelm1822February 19, 2012

I've been looking at the Electrolux microwave wall oven combos. But I can't figure out if the E30MC75JSS (ICON) is a true speed oven or a microwave that can do convection cooking. I.e. can it do both at once automatically?

I'm really looking for something that can replace my toaster oven's rehearing functions. (not toasting). Miele is out of our target prices. And it seems people here have likes the elux speed over the Advantium. Though the GE menus seem easier than having to look up codes in the Elux manual. Oh, and I really dislike the grills above and below on the standalone Electrolux speed oven..

Thanks for any advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dodge59

That is not a speed oven.
It is just a regular oven/convection oven + a separate microwave.

The microwave is a bit under powered at 900 watts instead of 1100 watts.Some "fast foods" (chicken pies) for example
((Marie Calendar)), recommend NOT using a microwave of less than 1100 Watts , and many Microwave recipes "May Be" based upon 1100 Watts, so things may not come out as you anticipated due to the lower power of the microwave.

There is a review of this oven combo on the AJMadison web-site and alto the user gave it a 5 star rating, "TO ME" that rating was a "Form over Function" rating as they said it was a "fantastic looking professional Appliance" and well built, they also did mention the 900 Watt output instead of 1100 watts.

I will agree that it is nice looking, well built--(nice racks, control panel etc etc and also based on my 5 years of trouble free performance of My Elux appliances, (Oven, Real Speed Oven, Induction cooktop, & Wine Fridge)but I just don't see the microwave having "Professional Performance" or even "Average Performance" in this case.

Folks with the real Elux Speed ovens seem happy with them, as am I, but folks with the Advantiums seem very happy too, I think the weak spot of a GE Speed oven/regular oven combo would be the oven and not the advantium.

Gary

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 10:24AM
More Discussions
How much Hood CFM to get for Wolf's 6-Burner Rangetop?
Let's say I use all 6 burners at once sometimes (not...
wcutiew
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
schicksal
Help installing power cord to 48inch dual wolf range
I'm trying to install the power cord, not sure how...
rubyrashel
Water Pooling on Bottom of Refrigerator and Leaking
Hi: I have a Kenmore Pro 48 inch side by side Refrigerator....
Rob Fleming
Sponsored Products
Ergorapido Cordless 2-in-1 Electrolux Vacuum
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
Electrolux Stainless Over-the-Range Microwave
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™