Hairdresser trying to get rid of me?

seniorgal_gwOctober 20, 2008

I have been going to this hairdresser for some time and have been mainly dissatisfied. It is getting worse. Here are some samples: Three times in the past month I have left with a sopping wet shirt because she won't adjust the shampoo chair. ( I am tall; she is short.)

I asked if she could cut my hair at the next weekly appointment. Her answer: "If I have time."

After a shampoo water was running down my face. I asked for a towel. She answered that I should just hold my head back.

I have begged for a more thorough shampoo as I have very thick hair. She takes about two minutes, start to finish. She puts my hair in rollers which I agreed to because neither she nor another operator in the same salon could do a blow dry that would last.

Sometimes she turns off the dryer before my hair is dry. Everything seems to have to be adjusted to her schedule.

Why do I stay? I dread trying to find another hairdresser. There is one I would like but he works right next to her. Too awkward.

Any suggestions for finding someone better?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lpinkmountain

Ask around to friends who live in the area. I found a DREAM salon by asking a local girl when I came to a new community. Everyone there is excellent, it's not overpriced, wonderful atmosphere and I always look and feel great when I leave. Ask someone who knows your community for a recommendation. Don't put up with such poor service, there are a gazillin salons out there to choose from. But yes, I know, finding a good one sometimes seems like searching for a needle in a haystack. But the best places I have found have always been on the recommendation of women who had great looking hair.

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 10:11PM
michelle_phxaz

I can't believe you haven't left already. Why would you dread trying someone new when you already dread going to the one you have?

Run, don't walk, away from this lazy hairdresser.

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 10:37PM
ggschmerl

I wouldn't go back to her ever again. There's no excuse for treating a client that way, ever.

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 9:50AM
centralcacyclist

Run away!

Ask the next person you see with great hair who has hair like yours and get the name of the stylist.

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 10:50AM
arizonarose

seniorgal , the way she is treating you is really terrible. I would have left her after the first offense. I found my best hairdresser by asking someone whose haircut I really liked where they went. Now I'm in the same boat as you again, my gal moved to Utah last month. She did recommend someone she thought would follow the cut she has been giving me...we shall see.

Anyway, if you think you would like the guy that has the chair next to her...make an appointment with him. She doesn't seem to have much regard for your feelings so why care? That's what I'd do.

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 2:38PM
dilly_dally

I've found good hairdressers by asking strangers "Who did their hair?"

I switched hairdressers once to another in the same salon. I felt funny every time I went in and I did not want to cause problems between the two of them. They were both really nice guys.

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 11:42PM
More Discussions
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Does Bare minerals make your face itch????
Another thread about Bare minerals...Sorry, But I need...
Carrie_AZ
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™