body shaper

Vique_PaOctober 8, 2007

Does anyone know anything about the Spanx products? I first heard about them on the Oprah show and am wondering if they are as good as they say they are. I have my eye on one that is supposed to pull in your tummy and lift your rear. Also, they want to know my measurements. I hope they won't send me something that will fit my measurements now and won't pull or lift anything. I ask the clerk in the undergarment department of Macy's about the measuring thingy and she said she didn't know. Big help she was.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ramrice

Amazon has a lot of reviews, both negative and positive

Here is a link that might be useful: Spanx reviews

Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 7:13AM
centralcacyclist

I have never used these. I read the reviews, it sounds as though a lot of people bought ones that were too small (waistband rolling down, etc.).

Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 8:19AM
mitchdesj

They work at shaping but they feel very tight. (which is why they work, lol)
I bought some but abandoned them because of the discomfort.

Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 10:24PM
labmomma

Haven't used them, but I think larger department stores carry them. Maybe you could try them on before purchasing them in order to decide whether they do what you need them to do without being too uncomfortable.

Many smaller boutiques/bridal shops, as well as Chico's carry the Spanx brand as well.

Bookmark   October 12, 2007 at 12:17PM
krisz

I bought Spanx recently. I got the lightest one, can't recall what it's called, but I'll look if you want to know. The saleslady told me to buy a size B because by weight I was an A, but just by a couple of pounds. It helps a little. I'm not sure it is much better than control top pantyhose. The A would probably have sucked me in more, but been quite tight.I wore the Spanx all afternoon and evening and didn't notice I even had it on.

Bookmark   October 12, 2007 at 5:54PM
azmom

I have "power panty", "high power panty", "Hide and Sleek mid-thigh smoother" and "Hide and Sleek panty". Hate the Hide and Sleek panty but like the other three kinds. I always buy one size larger. They really work, especially when wearing dreadful knit suits (St. John and Misook).

I got mine from Nordstrom, sales women there are quite knowlegable.

Bookmark   October 13, 2007 at 9:09PM
bud_wi

Target has them too. I never tried them but they look just like pantyhose with the legs cut off.

Bookmark   October 14, 2007 at 8:17PM
Vique_Pa

Thank you very much, ladies. I sent for one but it is back ordered. I am anxious to get it. Vique.

Bookmark   October 19, 2007 at 12:48PM
More Discussions
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™