What Is Your favorite Hair Conditioner?

jannieOctober 6, 2007

I'm 55, white woman with fine,thin, shoulder length brown hair. I would call ny hair "normal" or slightly "dry". I'm looking for a hair conditioner that will DO IT ALL-make my hair shiny,soft, easy to comb when wet, easy to brush when dry, make my hair stronger and smell good. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plasticgarden

Infusium 23 (not the leave-in conditioner,just the regular kind) is a great conditioner for dry hair. I used to use it when I colored my hair and my hair was fried from dyeing it.
Also garnier fructis is good~it seems like my hair really was stronger when I was using it.It claims to make hair up to 5x's stronger,and I dont think they are lying! It also smells wonderful.My husband was amazed how shiney and soft my hair was.

Bookmark   October 7, 2007 at 4:25AM
jannie

Thanks-my daughter uses the Garnier Fructis line, and she's a professional cosmetologist.

Bookmark   October 7, 2007 at 11:02AM
petaloid

tri "unific energy moisturizer" is a good conditioner for my fine, thin, highlighted caucasian hair. It comes in a jar, smells like mint and gives my scalp a little tingle as well.

Bookmark   October 8, 2007 at 8:06PM
shay13

Jannie my hair is just as you described yours. I like to use a lightweight conditioner, because if I don't my hair looks like it hasn't even been washed. I use Redken Smooth Down Detangling Creme in the summer when I tend to have the frizzies. In the fall and winter I use Redken's Color Extend Total Recharge (although this is not listed as a detangler or conditioner it works that way for me). The only problem I have is in the cooler months--way too much static in my hair. Anyone have suggestions about what to do about static?

Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 4:42PM
plasticgarden

I have heard rubbing dryer sheets on hair can help.Seriously!
My daughter gets static something awful too. Hairspray I think makes it worse.Gentley misting with water might help or maybe mousse.

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 4:18AM
labmomma

Pantene makes a 3 minute leave-in hair conditioner "Restore & Renew". You can use it once a week and then your regular conditioner (I use TIGI Catwalk Fashionista - safe for color treated hair).

Most of the year TIGI product is all I need. However, when the humidity of the summer calls for a heavier, frizz control conditioning, I use the Pantene product for great conditioning and no frizz.

Bookmark   October 12, 2007 at 9:32AM
beautygirl

I stopped using Garnier Fructis because it made my hair feel dirty. Pantene works for my dry hair.

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 9:39PM
jannie

I tried the Infusiun 23, and I really like it.

Bookmark   December 10, 2007 at 10:32AM
carla35

Glad you found something you like.. I'm not sure if you color your hair or not.... but I really, really like Clairol's Nice and Easy Colorseal Weekly Conditioning Gloss. It's in a tube and you can buy it separately (without the hair color) to use once a week. It really tames my hair, makes it feel tons softer, and seems to enhance the color. I notice if I go too long without using it.

Bookmark   December 10, 2007 at 3:08PM
ines_99

I don't need it anymore since I stopped washing my hair with all the detergent based shampoos out there. If you read what the ingredients do to your hair, you will see why you NEED a conditioner after using them - and lo and behold, the shampoo companies also make the conditioners, how nice of them!

Seriously, I have been using all natural shampoo bars, mostly olive oil based, and my hair has never looked better. I wish I had discovered them years ago! If I feel my hair, which is long, really needs conditioning on the ends, then before shampooing I will rub a little olive or almond or jojoba oil into it and leave it on for a while.

Bookmark   December 11, 2007 at 1:18PM
More Discussions
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Questioning Long Hair
I haven't had long hair in 45 yrs, I finally let it...
joann_fl
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™