How do you store makeup that comes in jars?

lov2gardenOctober 6, 2008

I do love mineral makeup and have collected quite a few jars. I also use other makeup that comes in small jars. It seems my makeup bag is useless for jars. It's harder to find the color I want than it is to find the keys in my handbag. In fact, that's what it reminds me of! I tried stacking them on shelves but it didn't work too well. Right now I've got the ones I use most often in a small clear plastic box but I still have to dump them all out and put them all back everyday.

How do you store your makeup jars?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Could you get a wide, flat box, not too high, and spread them out in the box? That way maybe you wouldn't have to dump them out. You might need to put labels on the tops of the jars.

The medicine cabinet doesn't work? Do you have a drawer?

Bookmark   October 8, 2008 at 1:02AM
dilly_dally

"How do you store your makeup jars?"

On a shelf.

I don't know why that doesn't work for you. Explain please.

I also have all the stuff I use often in a Caboodles cosmetics case. I switch things out with the seasons. It is always ready for travel too. Caboodles cases are cheap and made of durable washable plastic.

How much stuff do you have? Maybe you should pare down. Or maybe get a cosmentics train case to be super organized.

Here is a link that might be useful: Huge Cosmetic Case

Bookmark   October 8, 2008 at 4:22PM
lov2garden

I've got about 4-9 of each size jar. If I stack them, the one I want always seems to be on the bottom. I don't have enough to need a big case. My 1970's no-nonsense bathroom has a tiny medicine cabinet, no drawers (yet-I always dream of remodeling)and just a set of small open shelves on the wall.

I'll try the box idea socks AND only keep this season's makeup in it, dillydally. Thanks for the quick answers!

Bookmark   October 9, 2008 at 5:20PM
More Discussions
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Cracked heels - why only women?
Has anyone ever wonder why only we women get cracked...
organicboat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™