Anyone have Pic.s of bathrooms with ming green marble?

alizacfJanuary 18, 2012

Has anyone used ming green marble in their bathroom? Do you have pictures you can share?

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anna_chosak

Have you tried the search engine, putting in the phrase "ming green marble"? There were three of us who all used the same basketweave floor with ming; a few others, I think, have used a different pattern with similar colors. A search should turn up pics for you.

Bookmark   January 19, 2012 at 10:15AM
alizacf

Thanks anna for your suggestion.

Bookmark   January 19, 2012 at 2:57PM
suzanne10023

We just finished our ming green bathroom renovation. Thanks to everyone here for your inspiration and help!

Pictures here:

http://suzanne10023.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-mothers-bathroom-renovation_8.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Ming Green Bathroom

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 9:41PM
enduring

Suzanne, you should start your own thread with this bathroom! I love the mosaic and the herringbone is centered so nicely around it. Great use of grab bars for towel bars. I have that planned for my remodel too. Makes so much sense to me.

I'll tell people I have no favorite color, if asked; I love them all. But I always follow that with "...but if I had to choose it would be green".

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 7:08AM
denali2007

Suzanne
What a wonderful idea for a towel bar. I dislike those little skinny things and have been searching forever for a more substantial one.

Your bathroom is gorgeous.

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 10:22AM
ppalm

Suzanne! Your space is gorgeous. Is that amazing floor marble? I have never seen anything like it!

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 11:53AM
writersblock

Really nice, Suzanne! I have to agree with enduring--your bathroom deserves its own thread. Is the grab bar from Gatco?

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 12:00PM
suzanne10023

Thank you!

The big grab bar is from the Toto Soiree collection. The little one inside the shower is from Smedbo.

Yes, the floor is a carrera and ming marble mosaic. We considered basketweave, but I'm glad we went with the pinwheel pattern. (Ironically our original prewar yellow and black bathroom had a pinwheel pattern on the floor too - but this is much prettier!)

We've kind of decided not to use sealer on it in the future, because our contractor warns that it will turn the grout yellow. Any thoughts on that?

The big surprise for me - going with ming green - is that the greens are so lively and varied, especially on the big tiles.

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 2:43PM
More Discussions
Need advice on shower valve location!!!
We are considering a fixed wall or glass divider for...
aboutdabass
Another shower size questions
I am converting an alcove tub (60x30) to a shower....
cataan
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
Help locating a Powder Bath sink, please!
We are in the final days of a year long remodel only...
soonermagicmama
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™