OT? Need suggestions for gift, bathrobes

freeeloveOctober 17, 2008

Hi all! Hope this is not off topic, but....

I am looking to buy good quality bath robes as engagement presents to very special friends.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would love to hear advice on what to look for? Micro terry? Bamboo? 100% cotton?

I would really like them to be plush and Durable, looking to purchase ones that will wash well for them over time.

I received an amazing robe from "Peacock Alley" as a engagement gift from my brother, quality top notch, so luxurious,I had to let my hubby claim it! But at $99 a pop, I am looking for a more affordable set of two.

If I must bite the bullet, I would spend more on robes that anyone recommends is worth it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

A friend at work highly recommended the tery cloth robes available from Bed Bath and Beyond. They have a website but there are stores everywhere,too.

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 12:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
purpleaa

I searched for you--for a great bathrobe I saw in a store here but I cannot find it online. Our natural foods store sells it. It's organic cotton and is really plush, not too expensive either, and is something a little different than your run-of-the-mill gift. I wonder if your nearby natural food store has something like that.

I just found out that making bamboo into fabric requires tons and tons of chemicals to make it soft, so even when you think you're buying something sustainable and organically grown, it's processed using lots of chemicals that are bad for the earth and may be absorbed through the skin. May be better off with organic cotton. (Verify this first, I saw this on the Green Channel & haven't looked it up.)

Bookmark   November 1, 2008 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™