Beads in beard, mustache wax?

ClareOctober 21, 2004

I want to cornrow beads into someone's beard, but need to use something dense and sticky to make the hairs stick together. Otherwise, I don't think I can thread the beads on. Is there something better than mustache wax I could use? Products like bergamot petroleum jelly are not sticky enough for this beard. And ideally it would be something that would wash out.

Ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodie2

Curious minds need to know......why does this person with a beard want beaded corn rows? Is it for an occasion? Don't want to offend, just very curious and trying to get a picture in my mind, I just find it an interesting concept.

Bookmark   October 21, 2004 at 10:38PM
ponderinstuff

You might try dreads and braiding forums.

Bookmark   October 22, 2004 at 1:40PM
chinacat_sunflower

:) what, you don't think that Captian Jack Sparrow used anything but natural walrus blubber, do you?

what you're looking for is a 'wax' pomade. everyone makes them, nowadays- got2B, paul mitchel, LA looks... they come in tins, and do a pretty good job of it, though they can be a pest to get out.

honestly- if his beard's unruly enough that you're having problems- I'd consider getting a fake one, beading that, and applying it over his shaven face ;)

(but then, I can get my own hairy-scary to do things like that. then again- my hairy-scary can braid and bead his own hair ;)

Bookmark   October 22, 2004 at 2:30PM
Clare

Walrus blubber, of course! What was I thinking?!

Woodie, no occasion, just everyday life.

Chinacat, I like your sense of humor. I looked at some of the waxy products in the store, but was waiting to hear back from someone here before trying one. Guess I'll go ahead and grab one.

Bookmark   October 23, 2004 at 11:28AM
More Discussions
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
Wigs
I have decided to purchase a couple Paula Young wigs,...
lucillle
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™