Body Wash

cometfernOctober 24, 2003

Which body wash keeps your skin soft throughout the dry winter?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rotny

I don't use a body wash per se so I think I'll leave that part to the ladies. I do, however, get dreadfully dry skin in the winter. To remedy that, I just slap on the 'ol baby oil before I dress and it keeps my skin soft, smooth and hydrated all day - and well into the night...which isn't a bad thing when the wife wants to get all cuddly. :)

Rotny

Bookmark   October 24, 2003 at 3:32PM
Jenny_IL

I really like the new Dove exfoliating body wash because it leave my skin feeling great, also I like the Dove exfoliating bar soap. After I shower and after a quick dry so there is still some moisture on my skin I spritz L'oreal HydraFresh all over and it absorbs really well and keeps my skin soft all day and it has a nice scent also. Its a lot quicker then a regular lotion and very light not greasy at all.

Bookmark   October 26, 2003 at 1:02AM
weed30

I use Dove "regular" and don't have dry skin issues.

Jenny, what is in the HydraFresh? Oil? My husband is the one with issues and this might be good for him.

Bookmark   October 26, 2003 at 8:03AM
cube1067

Love baby oil, too. Last step of my shower is to slather it on, then I towel dry it off. Been doing that since I was 7, because my parents insisted we lotion up after showering and it saved time for me to do it right in the shower. Glad I did it because today (years later) massage therapists have remarked on how smooth my skin is.

Bookmark   October 26, 2003 at 12:28PM
Jenny_IL

Weed HydraFresh is a spray on lotion its made by L'oreal and comes in a green bottle and is part of the Body Expertise line. I don't believe there is any oil in it and none of the ingredients sounds like oils! The back of the bottle says...

Enriched with vitamins E and B5, HYDRAFRESH spray enables your skin to maintain a lasting natural level of hydration.

Infused with vitamin C HYDRAFRESH invigorates your skin

From the first application, your skin is refreshed and moisturized for 24 hours

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions about it! I use the Dove exfoliating body wash or bar soap every day or the Body Expertise body scrub about once a week and always follow with this lotion and it has worked great in preventing dry skin from ever happening.

Bookmark   October 26, 2003 at 2:26PM
rider

The Shi Kai brand (at health food stores or Whole Foods Market) and Oil of Olay's "Complete" Body Wash are the best moisturizing shower gels.

Bookmark   October 27, 2003 at 10:30AM
weed30

JennyIL, I got some of the Hydrafresh today. There was a deal at Walgreens, buy the Hydrafresh and get a free bottle of lotion from that line. Seems pretty good and easy to use!

Bookmark   November 6, 2003 at 4:49PM
weed30

Jenny, I like it! I jinxed myself by posting at all, and suddenly my back was itchy and dry. I spritzed some on after my shower -- very nice. Thanks for the tip!

Bookmark   November 7, 2003 at 10:49PM
More Discussions
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™