Identifying Antique Pressed Glass Candy Dish

CapitalBabsAugust 13, 2012

looking for a little help identifying this piece - at least manufacturer and approx. date. The info I have places it somewhere pre- turn of the century but it's very vague information from a dead relative.

Color wise, there is a very faint pink/gold tone to the glass - not like depression era glass color just a tint.

The entire dish is just over 8 inches tall with the lid itself being just over 2 inches tall.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CapitalBabs

here's a close up of the dish lid knob

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 4:13PM
CapitalBabs

a little less close.

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 4:14PM
lindac

That's a hard one......I think it's a later edition of a slightly irridescent flashed glass that has had most of the irridencence washed off. I can't find a picture ( but haven't looked very hard!)....dates from 1950's...or perhaps 40's.
The color appears "on" the galss rather than "in"...is that so? In person?

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 6:29PM
CapitalBabs

Color is always hard on the monitor but no, it's not irridescent and it's most definitely IN the glass not on it. It really does appear consistent even where there are small chips, the color seems to be present. Again, it is SOOOO faint that I don't know that it's an application.

And it definitely dates before the depression and there is anecdotal reports that it goes well before that - supposedly 5 generations. I'm not looking to set a value, just for general knowledge value.

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 7:34PM
lindac

Can you get as sharp a picture of the bottom of the foot as you did of the finial?
I am very puzzled....I swear I never saw any glass that color....and the style and pattern (or lack of) makes it harder.
On the 5 generations thing....I have "my great great grandmother Konklin's sugar bowl"...Grandma's daughter was born in 1869....so he mother was likely born about 1849....and it's said to be her sugar bowl.....but the pattern is a pattern from 1910.....so....??

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 12:11AM
More Discussions
Copper bowls
Can anyone provide any info relating to these copper...
Cassie- LeBlanc
What kind of fur is this?
Is it possible to identify what kind of fur this coat...
rfdriver
Japanese Vase
I just got this vase at street sale would like to know...
Dones
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
TulipWoolf
Japanese Floral Calendar Plate Collection by Hamilton
I was given a set of 12 Japanese Chokin plates by a...
alygal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™