Sloppy knobs on CC

PeterH2February 14, 2013

One of the factors that has us looking at induction again is the precise, repeatable control you get compared to "eyeballing" a gas flame. I twiddle the knobs on a CC rangetop yesterday, and noticed something I had missed previously - there is a ton of "backlash"/free play in the knobs. By that, I mean that you can turn the knobs to-and-fro about 30 degrees without changing the setting of the burner at all. Obviously that makes using the little scales on the knobs as a guide to settings nearly impossible. It also means that making fine adjustments is likely to be fiddly.

Questions for those of you who have the CC:

- Do you see the same thing?

- How much does it bother you?

If any BS owners have wandered in here, I'm curious how the BS compares in this respect.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

It was like that before the Capital tech adjusted the burners but now there is a much more direct relationship between turning the knob and the flame growing or diminishing.

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 11:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
keitel

I have fantastic control on my BS but after 5 years I just look at the flame and never look at the indicators on the knob anymore. But, suffice it to say, it's a very, very responsive flame.

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Induction + Teppanyaki match?
Hi all, We are beginning our new build. Before we...
twobelles
Convection Microwave vs Speed Cook Microwave Help
We are remodeling our basement to include a kitchenette...
Teresa Cooper
plumbed miele steam
i went to gaggenau showroom and the employee said that...
housebuilder14
Bosch Benchmark slide-in induction range
I am pretty committed to going induction with our remodel....
steph2000
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™