Bare Minerals question

hilltop_gwOctober 21, 2005

When you indicate it takes longer to apply this versus traditional foundation and makeup--why and how much longer? Will a purchase of Bare Minerals last as long as say a purchase of another liquid foundation product so that cost is comparable for use?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gina_W

I don't think it takes longer to apply. You are putting it on a brush and brushing it on your face - it's fast. It comes in different sizes. I think it's comparable in volume/use to a liquid.

Bookmark   October 21, 2005 at 2:22PM
auntjen

It doesn't take longer for me. It's fast and super easy. I get my makeup on in only a couple of minutes, if even that. For me, Bare Minerals does seem to last about as long as liquid foundation -- maybe even a little bit longer. I just love it!

Bookmark   October 25, 2005 at 1:23PM
housewitch

It actually takes less time for me to apply this than it did a liquid foundation. I would say I get a few more uses from a standard sized Bare Minerals than I would out of my normal bottle of foundation.

Bookmark   October 26, 2005 at 9:11AM
woodie2

I find applying Bare Minerals to be faster than a liquid or cream, because the blending is easier (for me anyway). You don't have to worry so much about blending the area from your face to your neck, there's not really a definite "line" where the makeup on your face ends and your natural skin on your neck starts. I also feel that it lasts the same length of time as a bottle or tube of liquid or cream.

Have you tried it yet?

Bookmark   October 27, 2005 at 4:22PM
bluelou

I want to try it. Where is the cheapest place to purchase it....from TV ad or online? thanks.

Bookmark   November 3, 2005 at 8:56PM
woodie2

Sorry bluelou, I don't really know about the prices. I bought it from the Sephora store because I wanted to see it and try it in person before I bought it, and then I went back to the store also for my second jar because I decided to change colors - I went one shade darker and I'm really happy with the change. It is $25 at Sephora.

P.S. Bluelou - check out the craft forum, I saw your poem and asked my buddies on the cooking forum for some ideas.

Bookmark   November 5, 2005 at 10:10AM
terriks

The best place I've found to order Bare Minerals is Medi-SpaStore.com They have free shipping over $25, and if you use the coupon code beaddicts they have 20% off this weekend on Bare Escentuals products.

Bookmark   November 5, 2005 at 11:37AM
Joy_CA

I agree with Terriks, that's where I get mine. I signed up for their email. I wait for the 20% off, it's at least once a month....with free shipping, it's great.

Joy

Bookmark   November 6, 2005 at 11:11AM
mary_md7

I ordered the "fairly light" and find it's a bit too light and too yellow for me, so I'm going to go to Sephora and try another in person. If you can go and try it first, I recommend that.

Bookmark   November 13, 2005 at 4:10PM
nannybird_gw

Try mineralbasics.com I don't know how to post a link. I've been using their makeup for about a year. They have lots of colors and it's much cheaper.

Nancy

Bookmark   November 18, 2005 at 7:49AM
terriks

This site makes it pretty easy to post a link. Just cut and paste the URL into the "Optional Link URL" box at the bottom of the page, then type in a name in the "Name of the Link" box. No HTML skills required.

Bookmark   November 18, 2005 at 10:45PM
More Discussions
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™