Question about

Gilbert888August 12, 2014

The image that I uploaded is a photo of a 10ft x 8ft (3D painting) that I saw in a restaurant. There were 8 others of these also. They all have projecting items with electric lights as can be seen in this photo.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THESE TYPE OF (PAINTINGS?) ARE CALLED? I am quite sure that they have a special name for them.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It's just back-lit art. There's a light box fitted into the back somewhere.

    Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 4:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I agree that this is back lit but this is quite different as in addition objects stick out as well as having light openings.

See upload. Three different depths.


Gil Audette

    Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 8:37PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Need Help to ID Native American Jewelry Bracelet
I picked this up at local garage sale and thought it...
Hi there, my husband and I inherited this tapestry...
Help Glassware/Stemware Experts
Please any glassware experts out there know...
Help with age and materials of chair
I just purchased this chair, used, with the idea of...
Help with print
Have some one seen this name on artwork or know of...
Sponsored Products
Cubitec Kit (Set of 4)
Design Within Reach
36-inch Stainless Steel Cook Number Grill on Cart
Kasper Chandelier
'Dear Grandpa, From You to Me' Keepsake Memory Book
$11.99 | zulily
Tolix Marais A Chair
Design Within Reach
Baxton Studio Westerlund Grey Sofa and Loveseat
Amphibious Wall Decor
| Dot & Bo
Abetta Gaited Comfort Trail Saddle - 205376BK
$457.98 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™