Watt U.S.A. Oven Ware

lizzbizzAugust 24, 2012

I just got a set of 5 Watt Oven Ware mixing bowls from my neighbor. They are cream color with burgandy morning glorys and green leaves. They are numbered 5-9 on the bottom. They were her fathers and she had them in a box to give to Goodwill, they were so gorgeous I snagged them out of the box. When I got them home and washed them, that's when I noticed the markings on the bottom. They are in great condition...are they worth anything?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Yes.....check completed sold items on eBay to see how much.
And if they had a store or town name on them, they would be worth a lot more!
Linda C

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 5:13PM
sunnyca_gw

My Antique Trader pottery & Porcelain price guide from 2006 only lists 2 Morning Glory pieces a creamer, cream colored #97 4 1/4 in high for $425. &covered sugar bowl same height cream colored with Morning Glory & advertising for $195. So all that says is that in 2006 they were worth quite a lot but things have gone down a lot but if this is pretty rare pattern, it may hold it's value better than most. Check into it further.5 matching bowls is rare, I think with any old pottery! Lucky you!! Enjoy!

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 12:45AM
lizzbizz

Thank you for your answers. You have me excited now about what I have. Can't wait to go to the library and get my hands on some 'collectible' books. Here's a picture, don't mind the messy table.

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 2:46PM
More Discussions
Can anyone identify this nightstand?
This nightstand was my grandmas and was given to me...
Michael Potter
Antique Bell evaluation
Hi, I have this antique bell. Can anyone tell me what...
Shay Yakobi
Three crown stamp on fork: Swedish or U.S.?
Any idea on the age or authenticity of this brass fork...
bradleyd_svh
Need history of "Lister Woodcraft"
Trying to determine if this wooden candlestick is really...
bradleyd_svh
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™