skin reddened by too much sun

sheilajoyce_gwOctober 21, 2004

For years I have lived with ruddy skin on my neck from getting too many sunburns watching my kids play youth sports ball decades ago. I would remember to use sunscreen on my face, but forget my neck or the front where my v-neck t-shirt exposed me to excessive sun. I recently tried some vitamin E cream I bought at the drug store. Wow, it is bleaching out the red to my normal, pale skin color. So if anyone else has sun damaged skin, try vitamin E cream or oil.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodie2

Thanks, Sheilajoyce! I'll try E cream or oil, whichever I find. I have to go to CVS tomorrow, so I'll look for it. How long did it take you to see a difference in the skin tone?

Bookmark   October 21, 2004 at 10:41PM
riverrat1

I used to be a sun bunny, and now I'm paying the price with red spots on my chest where my shirt didn't cover. I'm gonna try this. Thank you Sheilajoyce.

Bookmark   October 23, 2004 at 1:01PM
sheilajoyce_gw

Woodie, improvement is gradual, but I could see a difference after the first day. My skin is red for the first several minutes when I first put it on--from the rubbing? I bought my cream at Long's Drug Store. It's called Nutra-E.

Bookmark   December 26, 2004 at 6:19PM
jennmonkey

I can't wait to try this. I got a severe sunburn on my face as a kid, to this day, my upper cheeks are permanently red. I will give it a try. Thanks for the info. Is it still continuing to work for you?

Bookmark   March 13, 2005 at 4:45PM
More Discussions
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™