36' Cooktop....which would you prefer...

clarygraceFebruary 13, 2012

We are definitely going with a 36" cooktop. I would prefer a 6 burner, but will compromise with 5 if it's the right one.

Have been looking at the Bertazzoni (6 burner) but also looking at the 5 burner Gaggenau...any thoughts or other advice? Much appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

The 5 or 6 burner question...the way I cook, 5 is more than enough. I don't have 6 pots small enough to all go in a 36" cooktop at once!

But I do prefer the space of a 36" to a 30.

Bookmark   February 13, 2012 at 2:05PM
sara_the_brit_z6_ct

I have the 6 burner Bertazzoni - almost 4 years now - and I really do like it. I've never used all 6 burners at once, but it's great to have the space to move pots around. I had originally intended getting a 5 burner Dacor, but the Bertazzoni was a much better price and I don't regret it for a moment.

Bookmark   February 13, 2012 at 3:58PM
clarygrace

thank you sara, it's helpful to know that the product works well and that you are happy. I'm sure I'll not use all 6 burners at once either, but you are right, having the space to shift pots/pans around is great! My GC is also an appliance expert and he likes the cooktop as well. I also like Gaggenau products and am hoping to get some feedback on it too!

Bookmark   February 13, 2012 at 4:03PM
clarygrace

I must also add that I like the Bertazzoni because the two center burners are of equal capacity and I like the Gaggenau because the power/wok burner is in the center. I guess in the end it will come down to a trade off...

Bookmark   February 13, 2012 at 5:40PM
kitchenshoppe

I can't speak of the newer Gaggenau cooktops, but FWIW, I have a 27 year old Gaggenau cooktop that continues to perform flawlessly with daily use. I've never had a service issue with it. Gaggenau has a reputation for putting out quality products. Good luck with your decision...many good choices out there.

Bookmark   February 13, 2012 at 7:36PM
gardyloo

We're just starting our remodel, but we bought the Dacor 6 burner 36" rangetop. When we did our research, we took our biggest normally used soup pots and 14" skillet to the showroom and tried them out to see what we liked best.
Go to the link to see the one we bought; and it's made in the USA too.
They also make a higher end one with a few more bells and whistles.

Now just have to find a range hood...

Here is a link that might be useful: Dacor Range

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 3:16PM
More Discussions
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
Oven Control Board bad again, 4th time. Kenmore Double Wall Oven
Hi everyone. I have a 5-6 year old Sears Kenmore Double...
fireboat
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
54" Zephyr Monsoon II vs. Best by Broan 54" Potenza - Clear Winner??
GW, Ahhh - my favorite place to be the past 12 months...
Andrew K.
Need help with appliance choices, layout critique
Hey all. We have a preliminary kitchen plan attached. I...
jennifer2413
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™