Landers Frary & Clark percolator

skubbsAugust 14, 2006

Hi. I have a LF&C electric percolator. It is just under 10"h, has narrow decorative band around it. Black (wood?) handle. Last date on bottom is 1924. Stamped 'No P45' on bottom. Aluminum coffee basket is also stamped with that number. Bottom is also stamped 'made for' above an oval design containing the words 'service NYAL drug store'. It is chrome colored. Anyone know the history on this pot? Many thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Vintage coffee makers are very hot right not....there should be all sorts of info all over the web....make Google your friend.
Here's a start.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: vintage coffee makers

Bookmark   August 15, 2006 at 7:25PM
tmiller53

I have a LF&C electric percolator Model E9649 circa 1913. Marked as 3 of 60. Any suggestion where I can get any additional info on this item? Thanks.

Bookmark   December 21, 2006 at 5:03PM
lmccor7139_aol_com

can you tell me anything about this coffee maker i have one with creamer and sugar bowel in green

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 12:19PM
davidstone1_windstream_net

Mine sayes No.E 9646, last pat. 1913 UNIVERSAL madeby LF & C. PAT"S "Bte'SG.du G" . If anyone had any info. would you please let me know. Thank

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 9:26PM
srmenna_gmail_com

I have a coffee percolator, silver plated but not functional (or may I do not know how it works). Pat, No. is 2076096. It is "UNIVERSAL" brand. Please help.

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 8:08PM
phototone

It appears the early electric percolators were not "automatic". You had to unplug them from the electricity when you felt the coffee was brewed strong enough. Usually 4-7 minutes from when they start perking. Early power cords had an integral on-off switch built in. Modern replacements do not.

Bookmark   September 24, 2014 at 12:02PM
phototone

These early electric percolators are simple. They have a heating element in the base, some may have some sort of fuse also, but that's it! You plug them in (cords still available) and they heat up. (or not, if broken). You time the percolation to get the coffee strength you want, then you unplug them. No automatic shut-off. No warmer. If you want warm coffee for a long time, decant the coffee to a thermos bottle.

Bookmark   September 25, 2014 at 10:52AM
More Discussions
Home Design Show in NYC
click to win tickets http://www.architecturaldigest.com/win-adhds-tickets...
ami1026
Antique/Retro Fridge Loud Vibration noise
My retro 1946 Frigidaire fridge started making very...
Tina Jansen
Help Glassware/Stemware Experts
Please help....do any glassware experts out there know...
lbachara11
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™