What is the all gold china called?

leahcateAugust 9, 2009

I'd like to search for it, but no idea what it's called. **I have a few pieces**, and often see it in smaller items such as teapots, creamers, etc. Wonder if it was/is made in serving dishes? Would be lovely accent if place settings have gold rims, etc. What ARE they called, please! Thank you.

** for example, mine is marked "Wheeling dec co. Wheeling W.Va. and has fine filigree of gold all over.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digginfool

Hi leahcate, Do your pieces look anything like this? I was just wondering about this piece that sounded similar to what you describe. I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Bookmark   August 9, 2009 at 5:57PM
lindac

You talking about Pickard??

Here is a link that might be useful: Pickard.

Bookmark   August 9, 2009 at 7:41PM
leahcate

Hi diggin...nope, mine is much more like to yours, lindac. Mine is from Wheeling W.va., according to the bottom marks...not that it need be the same company. I thought this look might be nice in a vegetable dish, or other larger serving pieces, though I have never seen one.

Bookmark   August 9, 2009 at 11:41PM
Ideefixe

It's Homer Laughlin, deistrubted by the Wheeling Dec. Co. (which is what I used for a google search.) It's called Georgian Eggshell Gold 626. I'd look at Replacements Ltd for more pieces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Goergian Eggshell Gold

Bookmark   August 10, 2009 at 12:55PM
leahcate

Hey there ideefixe:>) You're a better googler than I, since that's just what I did but missed this site. Thank you! After nosing about online I've come to the conclusion that these pieces were/are not made as larger serving ware, so guess it's back to plain ole' silver or china . Ah well, just an idea.

Bookmark   August 10, 2009 at 9:32PM
More Discussions
Why isn't furniture selling?
I've been trying to sell this 45" diameter vintage...
debodun
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
Llweyn
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
TulipWoolf
Early Masons Vista Pink Soup Tureen
Hello! I have inherited a great deal of Masons vista...
aeb78
Can anyone identify this nightstand?
This nightstand was my grandmas and was given to me...
Michael Potter
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™