Need cosmetics for my marriage

scottscottOctober 24, 2007

I am getting married in next month and I need complete range of good cosmetics. IÂve no time left to go out and search for individual products. If you guys can help me by telling where to buy the product that is reasonable also of course, IÂll be grateful to you guys, but please do reply ASAP.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jcrowley99

Don't you wear makeup now? you really don't want to change your make up and skin care routine so close to your wedding. Trying new makeup could cause unexpected problems (like breakouts or rashes), and you don't want to look back at your wedding pictures and wonder why you don't look like you. If you really feel like you need different makeup, try a cosmetic counter at your local department store, and go to one like Clinique that should be non irritating. It will cost you plenty for good makeup. My foundation (Pur Minerals pressed foundation) costs $36.00, my lipstick (Clinique) costs $16.00 a tube. I would reccomend either the Clinique High Definition Lashes (expensive) or Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-brush Mascara (inexpensive). They both work great and have brushes that make it easy to get to the tiniest lashes. Remember not to put mascara on your lower lashes for the wedding, don't want smudges! I also use Covergirl Professional Mascara, not on my lashes but on my brows. I snip the applicator brush in half and apply it gently to my brows. It darkens the eyebrows and shapes them without looking harsh or overdone. You just pick the color closest to your brow color. After applying use your brow brush to shape your brows. I tried this because I could not find brow gel that I saw on a beauty show, I have since found brow gel, but at $25.00 a tube, I think I will stick with the Coveregirl.

Good luck on your wedding and marriage. I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride.

Bookmark   October 24, 2007 at 8:06AM
bud_wi

Make an appointment at a cosmetic counters at one of the nice department stores. Bring lots of money. They are trained to know what to do for a "bridal makeover". You don't want to do anything extreme.

If it is only the wedding and the photo shoot you are worried about just have your make-up professionally done for that day. You won't end up with a bucket of products you will never use again. Have it done once before the 'Big Day' to make sure you and the artist are on the same page with the look you want. Ditto for you hairstyle. Don't make big changes the day of the event.

Bookmark   October 24, 2007 at 11:30AM
john.smith

I can imagine what it feels when you are going to get married and you donÂt have good set of cosmetics or even you donÂt have cosmetics. IÂve been thru all this in my marriage. But thanks to my friend he got me some good cosmetic and they were fabulous. When I asked her the name of the shop, she told me that she had shopped online from Buy Organic Skin Care. I saw that they have good collection of cosmetics and other products. So donÂt waste thinking were to get from just have a look and see if you can get the things you are looking for.
Wish you happy married life and all the best for your future.

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Skin Care

Bookmark   October 28, 2007 at 4:17AM
mitchdesj

scottscott, what a coincidence, you live in Armenia and so does john.smith who just posted the Organic site. I'm puzzled though, the site does not ship outside the UK...........

anyway, you got good advice above regarding make up readily available in stores.

Bookmark   October 28, 2007 at 7:43PM
socks

I think Neutrogena is generally a good line of cosmetics and is not too expensive compared to department store products.

Go slow with it to be sure you don't have any allergies to the new products.

Do you have an Ulta near you? Someone there would probably be happy to help you select a few things. Maybe Sephora does the same thing. Choose a foundation which matches your neck. Eyebrow pencil which matches your hair. If you think mascara might make your eyes itch, ask about one which is hypoallergenic.

Good luck!

Bookmark   October 28, 2007 at 8:26PM
starz

alot of women rave about MAC cosmetics and to use the loreal sublime sunless tanner under makeup. I love this stuff!

Bookmark   October 28, 2007 at 11:37PM
More Discussions
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Sponsored Products
Bodipedic Cool Comfort Classic Gel Memory Foam Bed Pillow
Overstock.com
Type 75 with Wall Bracket - White - Anglepoise
$215.00 | HORNE
Dream A Little Bigger Sign
$24.99 | Dot & Bo
28" Hana Bay Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Home Decorators Area Rug: Amboise Brown 7' 6" x 9' 6"
Home Depot