gap from floor tile to tub

thelsel33January 11, 2010

When I tiled my bathroom last weekend I had a brain fart in thinking I was putting 1/4 round along the base of the tub so I didn't use much detail by assuring the tile was butted against the tub. I need some opinions. Will a tile 1/4 round (or plastic 1/4 round) look stupid or do people do that? I think a couple of the gaps are too wide to caulk them and not to mention there all not the same gaps fromt the tub. I really don't have much choice now but listen to you guys. Please help ASAP!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_vincent

Lets put it this way-- it'd look a HELLUVA lot better than just caulking it at this point! :-) Go with the ceramic 1/4 rounds. They do make end caps for them, if you need em.

Bookmark   January 11, 2010 at 7:58PM
studio460

Just set the 1/4 round on the floor without any cement, and see how you like it. Depending on your personal taste and the style of your bathroom, you may or may not like it. At least you'll have a better idea how it strikes you within the context of the room. Personally, if it were my bathroom, I would hammer out the adjacent tiles and re-tile it up to the tub. Stuff that I've worked on around the house that I'm not happy with aesthetically just ends up annoying me to no end. I've redone a couple of projects in my house just because I didn't like the way it looked in the end.

Bookmark   January 12, 2010 at 7:01PM
windslam

What color is the tub? Bill Vincents idea of ceramic quarter round came to mind also. I was also thinking of a strip of thin marble, it might give it a custom look?

I had to laugh when studio mention the tear and redo...that's what I would do and, how many times have I had to do that on some of my projects!!!!

Bookmark   January 12, 2010 at 7:26PM
More Discussions
Tere-stone anyone?
Does anyone have any experience with Tere-stone as...
coffeehaus
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
Anyone have knobs for shower door?
Do you like them? I have a narrow shower so I am considering...
risforremodel
Help me finish designing bathroom
Need a little help and to ask if you think I'm heading...
fourhappy
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Sponsored Products
Cambridge Maple Caramel Stained Wood Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Luxe Tile Giclee Glow 20" Wide Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Sonoma Roman Tub Faucet - Oil Rubbed Bronze
Signature Hardware
SomerTile 11.75x11.75-in Luna Pacific Blue Porcelain Mosaic Tile (Pack of 10)
Overstock.com
Suction Cup Single Shower Basket
TheBathOutlet
Mosaic Long John Pendant
Lightology
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™