Polt Mart Ware?

blueheronAugust 14, 2011

I have a little ashtray I bought in England with a picture of a 'Rotary Cultivator' by Rickett 1858.

On the back there is a crown, the words in cursive "Polt Mart" or something like it and underneath, the words, WARE F.W.R. ENGLAND. I'm sorry I don't have the ability to send pictures. I wonder if anybody ever heard of the company.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I googled 'rotary cultivator by Rickett' and found a mug and a beer stein with the same picture for sale on Ebay for $12. Seems to have been a common theme for inexpensive pottery. None of the items have a clear picture of the Polt Mart words...lol

    Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 2:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

"pat Mar 1" perhaps? is there a 4 digit number beginning with 18 or 19 somewhere?

    Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 2:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

No, the first word is definitely 4 letters and there is no number anywhere.

    Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 4:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

That would be Pall Mall Ware and purportedly manufactured by James Biltons from Burslem Stoke-On-Trent. Same signature mark as found on a collector's plate I saw on another antique and collector's website.

    Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 1:09AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Hi there, my husband and I inherited this tapestry...
Help Glassware/Stemware Experts
Please help....do any glassware experts out there know...
Radio /turntable
Hi, I was given this radio/turntable and wish to know...
Age of this brass "hog scraper" candle holder?
Any idea on the age of this brass "hog scraper"...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™