Fragrance oil on skin...

pekemomSeptember 18, 2010

I have been using a lavender fragrance oil on my skin as a "cologne", behind the ears, on the neck. Then I read it was "not for use on skin". Do you think it would cause a problem ? It hasn't so far...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

It can probably be harmful if used long term, your skin absorbs what is put on it and there may be harsh ingrediants that are being absorbed into your body. I would go to Bath and Body Works or other store that specializes in scented body products, they have lots of different lavender scented oils, lotions, creams and sprays that are meant for your body.

Also, the oil you are using might be so strong smelling that you are wearing it and don't notice, but the people around you are getting a whiff of too much of a good thing. A woman I worked with used vanilla extract as a perfume, it was torture being around her for long periods of time, the smell gave me a headache after a while. Less is more when it comes to scents, I would play it safe with your body and the people you are around and use something meant for your skin.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   September 19, 2010 at 7:12AM
pekemom

Thank you for your help. I was using something that was left over and thought I'd use it as a body fragrance, now I see that isn't a good idea....

Bookmark   September 19, 2010 at 1:36PM
michelle_phxaz

Glad to help! Lavender is so soothing, you will find a really good alternative if you shop around.

Bookmark   September 19, 2010 at 7:05PM
pekemom

I got Body Fantasies Lavender & Vanilla spray.....

Bookmark   October 3, 2010 at 10:07PM
More Discussions
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
Cracked heels - why only women?
Has anyone ever wonder why only we women get cracked...
organicboat
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™