42' Built in Fridge Questions

2LittleFishiesFebruary 7, 2012

I think a 36" is too small for our family so am thinking of the 42" French Door KitchenAid. However, one thing I don't like is that they are not zero clearance doors. SO, the cabinetry isn't totally flush like with a Thermador refrigerator.

I am still trying to figure this out, but the Kitchen guy and GC said it depends on the brand and how they do their doors. Anyone know how GE monogram's doors are?

I really was try to avoid side by side b/c we hated our last one (although it was 36"- maybe 42 would be better?)

I think THermador is coming out with a 42" french door soon. Anyone hear about this?

Any other options you would recommend?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
njgolfnut

I'll be interested in the responses. I'm in the same boat you are. I looked at the Thermador SbS yesterday and for the money, the inside plastic seemed kind of cheap. I wasn't impressed. Fell in love with the Sub Zero but that's not going to happen. So, I'm onto the Monogram or Profile or KA now. The guy at the showroom showed me the hinges on a non built-in model. You can see how the doors would need some extra clearance to open properly. The built-ins just look better IMHO but it's a delicate balance between asthetics and cost. I'm struggling with this.

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 9:35AM
More Discussions
Need Advice on Best Gas Range/Cooktop for Short Person
I will be getting either a new gas cooktop or a dual-fuel...
yaupon
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
Single Electric Wall Oven: WHY is it so hard to find a good one?
Hi everyone! We are finally WELL underway with our...
lovelylinguist
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
Blue Star grill igniter--is it broken?
My Blue Star grill is becoming finicky when I try to...
nycbluedevil_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™