where to buy ready made over the window trellis?

M_N_AJanuary 5, 2014

like this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It's known as a pergola or arbor for supporting planting and/or providing shade (a trellis is a vertical planting support).

There are many sources for pre-fabricated kits. Try googling "window pergola, window arbor, garage pergola and garage arbor kits."

However, such a structure is not difficult to design and build.

I would avoid adding planting because it so often destroys eaves and gutters of a house. Carefully flash and seal any penetrations through the wall cladding.

When I renovate a house planting structures, it they are still intact, are torn off along with a lot of damaged wood. IMO planting should be at least a foot from a house. 2 feet is better unless you are willing to prune frequently.

Here is a link that might be useful: arbor kits

    Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 6:23AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Open Cell Attic Insulation. No baffles/No vapor barrier?
We are in Chicago and are putting on an addition that...
Thinking about driveways
One of the few things my husband requests in our new...
It's March 2015: How is your build progressing?
Zorro-anyone can start one. :) Link to It's February...
We are done! Here are some professional pictures.
We closed last Friday and the movers came on Monday...
Hardwoods upstairs will be loud?
We are doing a two level home. I REALLY do not want...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™