Salicylic Acid Peel/Beauty For Less tips

vilettSeptember 23, 2009

I am considering doing Salicylic Peel by myself. I want to start with 10% (20% and 30% are too strong for first time use). I use to have Glycolic Peels that were done in a spa.I know Salicylic works better but I can not afford to pay $$$ for this treatment in a medspa. I can buy Salicylic Peel on-line and save A LOT! Now it is all about Beauty For Less... Does anyone used Salicylic at home? Also, let's share about Beauty For Less tips...Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

don't know about the peel, but I can contribute a "Beauty For Less" suggestion;

look in the dollar stores for lotions, soaps, & such.

I found shea butter soap & Yardley oatmeal & almond soap & Yardley lavender soap for $1 a bar at Dollar Tree.

& you can get the little white jars of aloe lotion or vitamin E lotion or aloe/vitamin E at (if I remember correctly)Dollar General.

Bookmark   October 3, 2009 at 4:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vilett

I have never been in a Dollar store. I buy the italian/french soap bars in Marshall's. I am always looking for shea butter or olive soap bars; usually pay $3.99 per bar. Next time I go to Dollar store. Thanks!
Well, talking about soap bars.... I am from Europe and I truly believe that the best you can do for your your body skin - clean/wash it with a good triple milled bar soap. I love soaps with shea butter and olive oil. Yes, a real soap bar made with animal fat - but that what is so good for your skin, it has those fatty acids that make your skin feel and look good. I see American women are using those liquid washes. I do not know how the intricate pure chemical mix with "nourishing and moisturizing" promises can make your skin happy. I tried to use those, different ones - they just dried out my skin to the point of irritation.
I often get compliments on my body skin in the gym. ( I wear short sport-bras). A few things -
a good soap bar,+shea butter body cream+almond oil on top. Drink plenty of water and take 5 ml of fish oil 2 times a day, plus grape seed extract that has many benefits and one of them - anti-aging for skin (I take it for 4 years)

Bookmark   October 4, 2009 at 1:05AM
More Discussions
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™