Post Op Neck Lift Surgery

geegee_2007September 5, 2008

I had neck lift surgery exactly 2 weeks ago. PSurgeon says the lumps in my neck are scar tissue that will eventually go away in about 8 weeks. Has anyone experienced this lumppy neck post op? Depressing here. Any information from others who have experienced this is welcomed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

I had a platysmaplasty about 7 years ago, there was never any lumps, this is not normal from everything I ever read. Are you still wearing your neck bandage? I think I wore mine for several weeks after the surgery (like an Ace bandage, over the head and under the neck to keep it tight while healing) so you might want to keep that on for a while.

Let me know what you find out, but the only scar tissue I had was the small cut under my chin.

Bookmark   September 5, 2008 at 11:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geegee_2007

I had incisions in front of and behind each ear plus one underneath chin. Have seen my PS three times and he says the lumps and hardness is scar tissue and will go away. I read that same info on line but it just scares me. Recommendation was to massage tenderly. Wore the neck/headwrap for 10 days per Dr instructions. I guess I just worry about things going wrong. Reputable Dr. but wanted to know if anyone else experienced this. At least you didn't but mine was a complete separation of the skin from muscle to tighten up skin.

Bookmark   September 6, 2008 at 12:11AM
More Discussions
Questioning Long Hair
I haven't had long hair in 45 yrs, I finally let it...
joann_fl
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™