hydrating spray

dejavueSeptember 22, 2006

hi, i am new to this site and i love it. my question is does anyone use or know of a good hydrating spray to use when getting out of shower. this is for my dh. his skin gets so dry during winter months.it isnt even cold yet and his calves are already starting to flake. he has been using curel lotion but it really doesnt do much. thank you and appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hayden2239

Well, this is not a spray, but my DH worked for years in a plant whre they made cardboard, and his skin was really dry. I mean cracked and bleeding dry. That cardboard would just suck it right out of him. Suprisingly, he found that if he took a bath before bed, using Avon's vanilla bubble bath, it cut this problem way down to almost nothing.
Worth a try......

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 3:04PM
wildchild

Just remember that most moisturizers do not really add moisture. They seal in moisture. Lotions work best when used on well hydrated still damp skin after bathing. Make sure that he rinses all soap off really well when bathing and just use soap on the the parts that need it skipping legs and other dry areas every so often. An occasional oatmeal bath or using a colloidal bar like Aveeno is soothing to itchy skin.

Bookmark   September 27, 2006 at 4:26AM
dejavue

Thank You for your responses.The oatmeal bath is that just regular oatmeal and how much?Dh is a shower person. I cant remember last time he got into bathtub.

Bookmark   September 27, 2006 at 12:40PM
wildchild

Aveeno makes an oatmeal bar that is nice but other bars with oatmeal are good too. You can make a homemade oatmeal soak by putting regular (not instant) oatmeal tied in cheesecloth but again there are many commercial preperations in the health and beauty aisle of your local drugstore.

Bookmark   September 27, 2006 at 7:49PM
More Discussions
Good night cream
I have tried a number of night creams and wondered...
gumspring45
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™