Retin-A microgel

plasticgardenSeptember 22, 2007

So my dermatologist just prescribed this to me (0.04%)

I was on differin gel 0.01%. He told me Differin is kinda wimpy.

I read alot of bad things about Retin-A though,saying how it makes people's face very red,and dry and peeling.

I just used it the first time last night and I dont feel anything like burning or dryness yet.

Anyone else use this? What were your expriences with it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plasticgarden

Well,since no one posted I will leave my own opinion since I've been using it a few days.Incase anyone else starts using it and has a question about it.
The first night I expected to wake the next day and see a red,flakey mess.Instead I saw nothing unusual.
After three days I'am noticing some mild peeling,but still no redness and nothing to be alarmed about.

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 9:16PM
Terrapots

I've used it off and on. The dermatologist who prescribed it advised using it every other night, alternating with AHA. I only got flakes after consistent usebut used sunscreen or stayed out of the sun. I didn't burn but I got little sun on purpose. Of course, everyone's skin is different. He told me to use very, very little and mixed it with a moisturizer he gave me.

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 11:28PM
plasticgarden

Thanks for responding.Do you use it for acne? I was also told I could break out worse with inital use of it~but so far that hasnt happend either,maybe because I was already on Differin gel for a year and a half so my face was some what accustomed to retinoids.

Bookmark   September 25, 2007 at 2:14AM
More Discussions
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
What to Wear with Dresses in the Winter
I notice the women on the morning shows all wear short...
blueheron
bath soap
What is your favorite bath soap and do you use antibacterial...
Pat
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Does Bare minerals make your face itch????
Another thread about Bare minerals...Sorry, But I need...
Carrie_AZ
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™