Favorite moisturizer?

NikeAugust 23, 2004

I always get so confused when shopping for a new moisturizer. I used to love the one by Biore because it had this wonderful fruity scent to it. Now that I'm thirty I'm looking for something more than just a plain moisturizer. Plus it's getting harder for me to find this moisturizer in stores anymore. Any recommendations?

A couple of months ago I purchased Pond's Replenishing Moisturizer Lotion, which seems to be alright for my sensitive, oily skin.

Then last night I purchased (on a whim) Pond's Dramatic Results, which claims "skin brightening" and "age defying" on the bottle. It also listed w/alpha hydroxy, retinol, and Vitamin C on there as well. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_na_na

I love the Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum and Perfecting cream. I've tried a lot of moisturizers, but with this I could feel the difference immediately. I've even had people ask me if I had different makeup. I could tell a difference in the look and feel of my skin after using it only a couple of weeks. I'm in my 40's and my skin is drier than it used to be, so I'm not sure how it would do on oily skin. I also like Purpose, but as I got a little older, I needed something more than just a moisturizer. After trying the Regenerist line--I'm hooked.

Olay is really good about sending out samples of their products. If your interested in trying their products, you could go to the Olay website and check it out.

Hope you get lots of replies, I can't wait to see what works for everyone else. Donna

Bookmark   August 24, 2004 at 9:16AM
Nike

Hmm... I think I'll check out Olay's website. I did see a bunch of their products at Walmart and Longs, but always get so confused with the multiple types of products out there.

Thanks for your input Donna!

Bookmark   August 24, 2004 at 4:20PM
petaloid

I have combination skin, am middle-aged and have a few wrinkles. I have several facial moisturizers which are all okay, but nothing special to recommend.

Most recently I wash my face (usually with Cetaphil lotion), and pat it with a towel, leaving it slightly damp. Then I put a dab of shea butter and a couple of drops of Jojoba oil in the palm of my hand, rub my hands together and apply the mixture over the skin of my face and neck.

Those oils on top of damp skin seem to hold the moisture for quite some time. I apply an oil-free foundation over this with a cosmetic sponge, and I'm satisfied with how it looks and lasts.

For moisturizing my hands and feet I also like the Cucina lotion that smells like coriander. Sometimes I use it on my neck, too. It contains olive oil and olive leaf extract.

Bookmark   August 24, 2004 at 11:23PM
More Discussions
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
What to Wear with Dresses in the Winter
I notice the women on the morning shows all wear short...
blueheron
Wigs
I have decided to purchase a couple Paula Young wigs,...
lucillle
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
Sponsored Products
Fanmats Grill Tools Memphis Grizzlies 26 in. x 42 in. Grill Mat Blue/Purple
$34.97 | Home Depot
Steam Spa Oasis Package for Steam Spa 7.5kW Steam Generators in Chrome
Beyond Stores
Grey Marble Charcoal Metal 24x36 Spacesaver Bar Table
Overstock.com
Custom Tablecloth
Home Decorators Collection
Westbury Wave Pleat Shade Brass Swing Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
DENY Designs Karen Harris Modernity Galaxy Cool Chevron Outdoor Throw Pillow Mul
$49.00 | Hayneedle
Safavieh Porcello Deco Brown/ Multi Rug (5'3 x 7'7)
Overstock.com
Chablis Cutting Board
Home Decorators Collection
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™