Pictures of Maronda Home

lmmegnaOctober 15, 2005

Hello,

I have been a reader of this forum as well as many others about builders and the whole home building process. Have read some pretty scary posts about building disasters and the fact that I know nothing when it comes to the building process. I recently went to Florida(I am in Ma. right now) to see how my home is coming along and took some photos. I would like to post a link to them and get some feedback from anyone who may see something that looks like it may be incorrect.

A bit of background: My family lives in Ma. and we are building a Maronda Home in Winter Haven , Fl. We chose the home back in April 2004 and signed papers in January 2005. Were promised a home in July 2005, but it has yet to be finished.

I have one more role that I will add tomorrow(developed the wrong one..oops!)

Now that link:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=237860978205&page=1&sort_order=0

Just in case..here's another one:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=s8l03fp.319sa9el&Uy=-aft6t9&Ux=1

Thanks

Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Maronda home

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jasonmi7

You really need to repost this on the regular discussion side/board of Building a Home; a lot more traffic.

Maronda and Maronda homes were the topic of a great number of posts on these boards (and the Buying and Selling board), about two-three years ago, and there was not a consensus that it was good.

I was able to see some of the pictures, and although some of the work is sloppy, I must say that the exterior weatherization (housewrap and window flashing), is completely unacceptable in it's current form. Please read some of the posts on window flashing and ensure that propert weatherization procedures are followed. I would not close on this house if it were left this way; it is too common, and too costly an error that will cost you money in the long run, should you have a problem.

Bookmark   October 19, 2005 at 8:36PM
More Discussions
2 car vs 3 car attached garage price
We are in the beginning stages of trying to figure...
dotydreamhome
Are these doors acceptable to you?
These are walnut interior doors. I understand that...
pumpkinhouse
Inexpensive "build on your lot" builders?
I've been researching local builders online and came...
olivesmom
Need feedback on framing layout for a basement.
I'm in the process of finalizing a plan for the basement...
julianpowers
Would you give this to the architect - take 2?
I posted a floor plan last week to get input before...
boonieshome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™