skin bumps

bluelouAugust 29, 2005

As I get older I seem to be getting more small growths or bumps on the sides of my neck.....what can I do about them?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'm thinking they are moles, perhaps. The dermatologist can easily freeze them. They dry up and fall off and leave no mark. Show them to your doc.

    Bookmark   August 30, 2005 at 11:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I agree with BarnMom -- my doctor calls them "skin tags" and has clipped some off for me. They seem to develop where there is friction, like around the collar area on the neck, under the arms or beneath the bra band.

    Bookmark   August 31, 2005 at 12:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Skin tags can ( not always) go along with Type 2 diabetes, so make sure you have your glucose checked with your physical.

    Bookmark   August 31, 2005 at 12:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I developed skin tags and small moles on my neck and upper chest during both pregnancies. They must be related to hormone changes. The dermatologist froze them and they did not return or leave any scarring.

    Bookmark   September 1, 2005 at 4:09PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™