I switched to a blog service from Photosite as it allows me to be more descriptive (and verbose).
Here is a link that might be useful: Vermont home Blog Pictures
Thanks for sharing the photos--your vistas are inspiring. Vermont is one of a handful of states I have yet to visit--it's beautiful, as is your home. Please keep us updated.
jabbahop, Oh, looks great! you guys are making some serious progress. hey, we are framed up now too. walls, windows and roof shingles go up in next couple of weeks (waiting on GC's crew to open up time-wise to do the job.) *sigh* it seems to go slow yet fast. i always show my husband your pics, especially, the ones w/ the camping chairs- he loves those!!!
best to you & keep us posted.
The clapboards are going up. I have mockup of the window trim we have chosen. Landscaping has begun.
team has been busy the last couple of weeks
- floors complete but not finished yet. Sad that one of the installers had the saw kick back and he lost the tips of three fingers. Reminder than construction is a dangerous job.
- all the final grading complete and round 1 on landscaping with the hydroseeing done for the lawn.
- installing clapboard continues despite the unusually cold and rainy spring.
- Wall painting has begun. We think we have all of the colors decided and a few rooms have their first coat on.
- cabinets arrived and are being installed. Found a couple of problems. For some reason they put the silverware dividers in the bottom drawer of a cabinet. The crew is going to flip the cabinet and reinstall all of the hardware so it will now but @ the top.
- tile is well underway.
- all the window sashes are being painted
- closed on selling of our existing house yesterday. We will be renting back until July 29 so we now have a drop dead move-in date. We won't be completely done but hopefully it will be move-in-able.
- throw-away coat on the floors to protect them. Should give us a better idea what they will look like finished.
- interior trim (windows and doors)
- interior doors
- painting of all rooms so we can see how our color choices work (or don't) together.
Here is a link that might be useful: Updated pictures
We have our mudroom built-in lockers and cabinets in, flooring in screened porch, and some final paint colors on the walls.
Here is a link that might be useful: House blog
Your new home is spectacular. You must be thrilled. I love everything about it and the views are wonderful.
I see you have used bluestone on your walkways. Will you leave them natural or use a sealer? We are using bluestone on our back porch and its not the norm down here in Florida so I'm desperate to know the best way to treat it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for sharing all your very detailed pictures. They are inspiring.