Crack Cream

woodie2August 9, 2004

I have ugly feet, dried and cracked in places and sometimes they're painful and in the winter, fuggetaboutit! I just bought this stuff today, impulse purchase in CVS, has anybody ever used this? (It smells great like cloves.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Zim's Crack Creme

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weed30

No, but I love your thread title!!

Bookmark   August 9, 2004 at 11:00PM
petaloid

I remember someone on the Roses Forum swearing by the stuff, but I cannot find the thread.

What I did find was this testemonial on the Tips and Techniques Forum:

RE: Dry, sore garden hands!

* Posted by: Bessboro Zone 4 (My Page) on Fri, May 17, 02 at 6:21

Hi I have been battling sore cracked fingers for many years and have tried just about everything My hands dry out and crack not only from working in the garden dirt but also concrete, sheetrock dust from sanding and just about anything else that dries your skin. Walmart carries a product that I tried and worked great for me. It's called Zim's Crack Creme. I can't say enough good about it. They have two different formulas: Creamy daytime Formula and a Liquid Skin Care Formula. I tried both seperately. For me the Creamy Daytime Formula worked the best. I rubbed a small amount onto all my fingers and massaged it in good for a few minutes then repeated this three times over a two hour period while watching TV. It seems to disappear into the skin in about 5 minutes and leaves a nice feelingand all the soreness is gone even the bleeding cracks will be healed.It is great to find something that really works well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bookmark   August 9, 2004 at 11:06PM
woodie2

Thanks Petaloid. I'm just giving it a try, but so far it feels really good and I love the scent!

Oh, Weed, welcome back from vacation! I knew this would getcha!

Bookmark   August 10, 2004 at 12:06AM
BeverlyAL

LOL Weed!

You can run, but you can't hide from us Woodie!

Bookmark   August 12, 2004 at 11:10AM
chinacat_sunflower

:) my mom's been using it for years, actually- when I was REAL little, she had something else that a friend concocted, but it smelled like raw lanolin and roses (about as pleasant a combination as Drakkar Noir and wet dog) and the Zim's is certainly an improvement!

Bookmark   August 13, 2004 at 10:52AM
woodie2

I've been using this cream all week (its really more like an oil, but it soaks in and doesn't stay greasy for very long) and its really good! I don't know about the herbal formula that they claim is so good, I'm thinking its probably the glycerine that softens the skin and allows the cracks to heal, but whatever, it smells great and my feet are better and don't hurt anymore. I have happy feet.

(Hi Bev!)

Bookmark   August 14, 2004 at 9:32AM
mitchdesj

Woodie, the cream is available in Canada so I'll be looking for it.

I have a tube of rich karite nut butter and when I neglect my feet and hands for a few days, I very liberally coat them with this rich butter and put on white cotton gloves on my hands and cotton sock on my feet- after 30 minutes the cream is absorbed. It's a good way to do an emergency treatment when you've got time to sit and let the cream absorb. You could do the same with your Crack Creme; what an odd name, I keep getting a mental image of very desolate looking drug users standing in line at Walgreens with armfuls of tubes....

Bookmark   August 14, 2004 at 10:21AM
woodie2

LOL, Mitch!

Bookmark   August 14, 2004 at 1:52PM
weed30

I get the mental image of

Bookmark   August 14, 2004 at 5:42PM
Gina_W

Oh lord, LOL!!!!

Bookmark   August 16, 2004 at 2:32PM
cupajoe

Now if you rub the cream in is it supposed to make the plumber come or disappear?

Bookmark   August 28, 2004 at 8:07PM
weed30

I do believe I'll burn my keyboard right now.

Bookmark   August 29, 2004 at 9:59AM
JessyFeldm_speakeasy

Right 'behind' you weed.

Thanks, I needed that.

Bookmark   August 29, 2004 at 1:25PM
stargazer_1118

Love crack cream! It is great!

Bookmark   October 26, 2004 at 10:48AM
dragonfly2

Wow, what a title for a thread,, at first I thought it might be something needed after wearing thongs.
Whatever floats your boat...

Bookmark   October 27, 2004 at 7:25PM
woodie2

This might be one of those sleeper threads, that just keeps on going, little by little. Every couple of months, somebody resurrects it :-) I'm kind of proud!

Bookmark   October 28, 2004 at 4:37PM
riverrat1

Yep, I had to purchase this stuff today just to get a reaction out of my DH! I put it in his nightstand box, I can't wait for him to open it. We will be LOL over this one for a loooong time. Great thread woodie!

Bookmark   October 28, 2004 at 11:22PM
lindac

I wonder what was the person who named that stuff thinking? Was his/her tongue firmly in his cheek....or had he no clue about the connotations?
Linda C

Bookmark   October 29, 2004 at 12:11AM
stargazer_1118

My sister in law's boyfriend is a plumber. Guess what I put in his stocking last christmas-LOL

Bookmark   October 29, 2004 at 8:57AM
coston

Sorry this is getting a bit OT. Reminds me of the time I called my Pediatrician about my DD's diaper rash. The RN told me she would call in a prescription for Butt Paste. I figured that was what they called diaper ointment around the office and thought it was a little rude to use that term with me. Low and behold, I picked up prescription "Butt Paste" from the pharmacy! Can you believe someone named it this???

Bookmark   December 23, 2004 at 12:36PM
woodie2

Wow, coston, LOL. Wonder who the head of their marketing department is? Same person as Zim's Crack Creme, I bet:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Butt Paste

Bookmark   December 23, 2004 at 2:52PM
weed30

Crack Cream and Butt Paste - LOLOL!!

Bookmark   December 25, 2004 at 10:17AM
JoJo_Ohio

Zim's crack cream is great and I have heard the Butt Paste is very good. A cream I just discovered is Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Cream. My skin is always so dry and I don't use creams consistently as I should. I can use the Gold Bond Ultimate 2 or 3 times a week and my skin stays soft.

Bookmark   January 7, 2005 at 9:22PM
BeverlyAL

DD is using Butt Paste on Katie's diaper rash. She swears by it. To say I don't care for the name is putting it mildly. Seems like everything is meant to shock these days.

Bookmark   January 10, 2005 at 11:24AM
mustangs81

The Butt Paste inventor was on Oprah.

Bookmark   January 11, 2005 at 10:09PM
JessyFeldm_speakeasy

Alright, who wants to suggest this to Eileen?

Here is a link that might be useful: Substitution reqeust

Bookmark   January 15, 2005 at 8:42PM
riverrat1

LOL Jessy, I think you should do it!

The Boudreauxs Butt Paste is from my home state, actually only about an hour from here. This stuff has been on the market for along time in Louisiana, is just now getting some attention. It's a great product for diaper rash, but not a substitution for mayo on chicken. Heheheh

Bookmark   January 19, 2005 at 8:22AM
Chan

You're supposed to use the Butt Paste after your cream cracks...hehe.

Bookmark   January 20, 2005 at 6:02PM
Chan

I use "Udderly Smooth" (AKA Bag Balm) which is marketed in a cute holstein-paterned tube as something used on cow udders for "painful cracks." Apparently all of these products are a little risque in name/description!

Bookmark   January 20, 2005 at 6:04PM
Sharon_G_in_MA

Oh geez ... LOL ... I'm so glad I wandered in here today! Haven't laughed this hard in a week!

Bookmark   January 25, 2005 at 10:33PM
publickman

I bought Krack for my feet, and I use it after I soak my feet and then scrape the edges of my heel with a microplane grater (which I bought before microplane made foot products).

Lars

Bookmark   November 20, 2005 at 4:57PM
Cleo199

We sell Zim's crack cream in the OTC section of our drug store. A lot of diabetics like using it on their feet. It sells very well. It was originally in the diabetic supplies section. Now it's in First Aid. I personally, haven't used it. Have you tried any of the Dr Scholls products? They have a foot soak powder and exfoliating creams, foot lotions, pumous stones, foot files........ the whole nine yards.

Bookmark   November 20, 2005 at 11:40PM
mitchdesj

I bought some but I hate the smell..... when I see the tube in my drawer, I pull it out but when I open it, urgh..........
There are too many good cremes that have an appealing smell, so my tube is going in the trash...

Bookmark   November 21, 2005 at 7:41AM
woodie2

Mitch, I can see why someone wouldn't care for the smell! I happen to like it, I think it smells like a baked ham studded with cloves, LOL!

Bookmark   November 22, 2005 at 4:03PM
mitchdesj

woodie, I guess that would be a good scent for a cooking addict;
I could wear the cream and pretend I've been cooking, lol....

Bookmark   November 23, 2005 at 8:12AM
beenie130

Weed30, I love that little laughing character banging its fist. Thanks for the laughs!

Bookmark   December 1, 2005 at 11:06PM
PaulaSims

First of all, I LOVE the subject line. Got my attention!

That said, I'm not crazy about Crack Cream. Too oily for me. I prefer using Alpha Hydrox or Avon's Silicon Glove.

Paula

Bookmark   December 2, 2005 at 7:55PM
PaulaSims

First of all, I LOVE the subject line. Got my attention!

That said, I'm not crazy about Crack Cream. Too oily for me. I prefer using Alpha Hydrox or Avon's Silicon Glove.

Paula

Bookmark   December 2, 2005 at 8:12PM
deanna1949

Then names may be awful, but I bet we all remember them!

For the feet, my favorite is Neutrogena Foot Cream. Smells delicious and heals those rough feet. I tried the Crack Cream--I get those cracks around the nails--but I didn't care for it much. I preferred Burts Bees cuticle cream.

Bookmark   December 13, 2005 at 12:37AM
susieoc

I've just been poking around looking for something interesting, and Crack Cream caught my eye! If you don't mind another solution..... I have a prescription cream from my dermotologist called LacHydrin.It's not the sweetest smelling stuff, but it keeps my feet from cracking and heals the cracks I get when I've neglected to use it. I have tried many, many other creams and lotions and LacHydrin (or its generic counterpart) is far superior.

Bookmark   January 9, 2006 at 10:23PM
rabbit8

It makes you laugh. Never heard of this one.

Bookmark   January 21, 2006 at 2:26PM
centralcacyclist

I bought some Crack Cream. Just had to, ya know. I haven't tried it on my feet but I can't use it on my hands, the scent is rather overbearing! Is it just me?

Bookmark   January 21, 2006 at 4:18PM
mitchdesj

barnmom, I hate the smell also; woodie says it reminds her of baked ham, how attractive for a hand smell......

Bookmark   January 22, 2006 at 5:03AM
woodie2

No, it's not just you! I know I'm in the minority here, but I just don't mind the scent. Reminds me of the dentist office from when I was a little girl.

Bookmark   January 23, 2006 at 5:22PM
centralcacyclist

Woodie, I'm starting to worry...

Bookmark   January 24, 2006 at 2:36PM
woodie2

Sorry, Barnmom, what can I say. I yam what Iyam :-)

Bookmark   January 24, 2006 at 6:07PM
dominicanchica

dr scholls has some stuff for cracked heels--strong citrus scent. i use it at night with the funny socks that you see in the grocery store in the health and beauty isle. it's working great for me so far. i did a lot of waitressing in my younger years lots of wear and tear with the high heels and later combat boots thanks to Uncle Sam's poor fashion sense....

Bookmark   January 26, 2006 at 7:52PM
burlapgloves

I agree with mitchdesj, Zim's Crack Creme is awesome but the smell is a little intense.
They have a new product called GelPlus (works the same as the regular kind, except doesn't have any scent.)
I got some from their new website, I'm going to type in the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zim's Crack Creme Website

Bookmark   September 27, 2006 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™