Tigerlily's New House--still under construction

Tiger_lily_scApril 18, 2005

Here's the link. Feel free to give advice or suggestions or even criticisms!!The front of house will be having shutters (not sure what color yet) and dentil moulding headers and railing with turned vinyl spindles. Back of house still has to have a few shutters added on porch as well as columns, railing and the deck is waiting on railing as well. Nothing to post on inside as we're just in priming stage.

If any of you have a shutter color suggestion, I would appreciate it--I'm leaning between a sage green or either black. As for the front door, I haven't decided on a color for it yet either.

For my interior colors I'm leaning toward EK Citrine in the great room, Old Brick in the library, Peridot in the Keeping room and DH wants Mocha in the Master bedroom (YUK!) One DD's room will be a peacock blue and the other a EK violet. Don't know yet about DS's room but we have a color consultant coming Friday to help me with all of this, thank goodness!!

Feel free to offer suggestions!

Tigerlily

Here is a link that might be useful: Tigelily's house

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anjaleyes

Great looking house Tigerlily! Since we'll be buying a southern brick home next year, I've been driving around various neighborhoods to get an idea of what colors look best for shutters/front doors. I found this gorgeous house that I'm probably going to take a pic of. Anyways, it is brick like yours, but has dk bronze colored shutters, with a beautiful mahogany looking door. I can't get close enough to the house to tell you for sure, because it is behind a massive gate. But I thought the color scheme looked really pretty and elegant on this traditional home. On each side of the door are porchlights are also bronze. Also, they have a lampost on the lawn to the right of the door that is the same dk bronze color. I'm sure my description doesn't give this house enough justice. I wonder if the homeowners would mind if I took a picture? It'll be kind of hard to ask with the big gate blocking the way and all :)
Anjal

Bookmark   April 18, 2005 at 5:39PM
demifloyd

Tiger Lily, my husband's study is painted EK Mocha and everyone loves it! I will try to get an updated photo; if you would like one, email me and I'll forward a photo to you. Good luck--your house is beautiful! We're building on a lake, also.

Bookmark   April 18, 2005 at 7:09PM
demeron

Tigerlily, do we get more pictures?

Bookmark   May 11, 2005 at 10:22AM
More Discussions
Need feedback on framing layout for a basement.
I'm in the process of finalizing a plan for the basement...
julianpowers
Leaking roof due to antique bricks?
Good morning! We are having a problem with our new...
cvazqu
Sending my floor plan modifications to the architect. Ideas?
I have to have all my structural changes decided by...
houserookie
Cathedral ceiling in the great room . . . do I want this?
Our plan shows a cathedral ceiling in the 16x27 great...
mrspete
5 panel interior doors
I love this door. I have Trustile- 2 panel, in my present...
ILoveRed
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™