skin: dermatology/plastic surgery info thread

leahcateAugust 19, 2007

Let's start one on skin first. Not over the counter, but high- end treatments from physicians or P.A's ; and this is confusing, too. In some offices a P.A does the work that an M.D handles in others...others that have P.A.'s on staff as well) There are now so many options for nicer skin, but are they really the same procedures with different names from different companies? There's Portrait, Photofacial, Fraxel laser,etc. I've been to one consult, and it is confusing. It isn't helpful that after paying thousands of dollars, your results may not be what you'd hoped for. Understandable that skins react differently, but is it worth the gamble? Are there cheaper methods with , perhaps, more "down time", but equal results? Most of the newer treatments attack several areas of concern: spots, and all things ugly in aging skin, plus wrinkles and tightning. Some of the before and after pics of wrinkle smoothing are amazing for non-surgical results. "Results vary", of course:>/

Will any of you share your experiences? Any pros out there willing to share trade secrets? I did a search here and didn't find this sort of thread, though it's surely been addressed?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steven555

Hi leahcate, I 've some info for you but i don't know that good or not.

Here is a link that might be useful: New skin with Dermbrasion

Bookmark   August 20, 2007 at 2:35AM
asheltiemom

For skin resurfacing, I wouldn't think I'd want a PA doing the work, you want an MD!

You might want to check out teaching hospitals in your area.... here in the NW, I have OHSU (Oregon Health & Science University) that has a cosmetic surgery department, and the doctors are top notch (medical students do NONE of your work, only the teaching doctor does your procedures), and they aren't interested in selling you crap you don't need. I went to Dr. Tom Wang for facial fillers, and he is fantastic.

Here are a couple places to find more info on skin resurfacing:

http://www.yestheyrefake.net/
Click on facial procedures and click on chemical peel or laser treatments. Each area has info as well as message boards. I find the people on the YTF boards to be very helpful.

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/home.do
Click on message boards & blogs and go to the appropriate skin resurfacing area.

Bookmark   August 24, 2007 at 2:42PM
leahcate

Hi...Thank you both so much for your replies and info. My password wasn't working for awhile...sorry it took so long to reply. I had hoped that someone on here would have first hand experience to relate. Has no one had laser treatment of any kind for skin resurfacing?

Bookmark   September 5, 2007 at 12:32AM
bedelia

Check out faceforum.com - the discussion area. Lots of first-hand experience on the forum.

Bookmark   September 10, 2007 at 8:58AM
mia0681

Hi,
You should try the products provided by Aslaskin. It is 100% naturaland the results are visible after 1-2 weeks of daily use.
They are 3 specially designed products for antiaging. It's a line composed of 3 products:
- Day Lift Anti-Age Cream
- Night Lift Anti-Age Cream
- AHA Anti-Age Cream
Check the site:
www.aslaskin.com
Bye bye

Bookmark   September 18, 2007 at 10:26AM
More Discussions
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™