Progress photos to share
Here I am with my own photos to share... I 'm a little slow at adding new photos, but progress is slow too, so that's par for the course.
This is (was) a small simple victorian, one of four in a row built by the same owners in 1924, that we dismantled and rebuilt. The only original materials now in the house are: the decorative 'corbels' (brackets), most of the material in three of the original foundation walls (rebuilt in sections - fourth wall removed), most of the original sheathing boards, and some of the original exterior framing (if it was not specifically in the way of our new framing). I also found and saved a 1920 dime from under one layer of kitchen flooring.
The house is now becoming a sort of ecclectic victorian cottage - one former neighbor insisted that its original style was colonial revival (?), but we never liked him anyway. DH is a high-end custom cabinetmaker, with a lifetime of building/carpentry experience and high-end tastes, and everything about the house is over the top. We did/are doing almost everything ourselves, hiring only a mason/laborer for the foundation work, electrician, plumbers (one for the usual, and one to help/advise with the radiant floor heat system), plasterers (we hung the board), tiler, and eventually, finishers for our pine floors.
All the paint is California Paints, from their Historic Colors collection. I've really enjoyed working with this pallette. The exterior is only partially painted at this point, but I have a lot up on the interior. First floor is fairly open, and all public spaces. Upstairs are two bedrooms (including master), one and a 1/2 baths (1/2 in master) and a loft accessed by ship ladder. Downstairs in the basement are a full bath, laundry room, library/media room/third bedroom, and boiler room/storage (with an enclosed "wine cellar").
The original exterior footprint of the house was 20'x24', with a little 6'x6' bump out on the back. After digging out and extending the basement behind the house, and extending the first floor out toward the back (2nd floor bumps out 12'x4'), the new footprint is 20'x31' (approx).
Hope others will enjoy!
Here is a link that might be useful: photos on Yahoo!