Only a week or so to go

NEdaveMarch 15, 2005

Ok, we're in the final stretch now, just carpet on Thursday and a few electrical touches and an final coat for the downstairs hardwood floor. then we're done!

appliances added today and we went to check them out. the vinyl floors were uncovered as well, was nice to be able to see them all at once finally, not just peeking under the protective paper.

We're moving April 2nd and can. not. wait!

New Kitchen shots

interior stuff

tha whole darn thing

-Dave

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nokeysyet

Hey NEdave: many congratulations. just took a look at your whole album. as always, i have always enjoyed your updates & progress. your house looks very similar to ours. we are 25 X 30. just about where you guys were 5 months ago. we have a foundation now. once they backfill & do the septic, we should be framing by this time next month! (finger crossed)

again, congrats on this huge accomplishment of building a home. the setting is lovely, the blue siding on the house looks striking against the winter sky. many cheers for a job well done. enjoy in good health!

Bookmark   March 16, 2005 at 10:58AM
NEdave

Hey nokeyset,
that is close to ours! we're 28x30. I thought it would feel small, but it was planned out in such detail that it doesn't at all.
good luck with framing, it's about the fastest part and the most exciting as there seems to be progress all the time.
thanks, the color really came out perfect, inside and out. can't wait to relax out by the lake!

Bookmark   March 16, 2005 at 11:51AM
nycefarm_gw

The first ICE made by the ice maker - what a sentimentalist you are!

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 10:29AM
NEdave

heehee.
It really is exciting. the first ice maker i've ever owned or even had access to! first washer and dryer and dishwasher as well! but yeah, opening up the freezer and seeing the first few ice cubes was almost more'n i could take..

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 1:15PM
nycefarm_gw

Did you at least pour some good liquor over it?

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 4:50PM
NEdave

We will soon! we're moving in in 2 weeks or so. maybe we'll go up this weekend to take a break from packing and try that out..

Bookmark   March 18, 2005 at 11:34AM
More Discussions
Lessons of this Winter
I find lots of people are guided by aesthetics and...
edlincoln
House Looks Small Framed?!
our home is 3200 ft.², by no means small in my opinion....
23meghan
Are these doors acceptable to you?
These are walnut interior doors. I understand that...
pumpkinhouse
Mushcreek we need a March thread:)
Hi Mushcreek, Will you start a new thread for March?...
zorroslw1
It's March 2015: How is your build progressing?
Zorro-anyone can start one. :) Link to It's February...
autumn.4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™