Bare Minerals - addons HELP

dayenuAugust 8, 2005

Tell me about the extra colors like warmth true and glow (I think) that are not foundations nor are they blushes.

How does one use them? What's your opinion?

I wear #1 foundation with bisque under it as a concealer. I ama very fair ash blonde with redness down the middle of my face.

and won't my brush get contaminated with color if I use the foundation brush?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gina_W

Those colors are blushes really. If you wish to use them, you'll need to get a different brush. I don't use these "all-over" face colors, plus blush - it's just more stuff they're getting you to buy. If you like the color as a blush, use it as a blush. If you like adding color all over your face, use it that way. I found the "warmth" to be dark and muddy, and I don't need a color all over my face. I threw it out.

Just like any cosmetics line, there are lots of "add-ons" you can spend money on or ignore.

Bookmark   August 8, 2005 at 5:14PM
Twinkle

I use #1 foundation also and found the Warmth was WAY too dark for me. I used it as a bronzer when I had a tan for a few days.

I still haven't figured out what to do with the Bisque. I bought it, thinking it was a concealer. But the foundation covers just as well, I think. I have to experiment more with that.

And I do use a different brush for each powder. The only time I mix is when I use the blush. I just got the blush, and discovered that if I dip my brush in the Mineral Veil and then in the blush, it keeps the blush from going on too dark. The blush is very concentrated and you just need a tiny bit.

Has anybody tried the Clear Radiance? Is it too shiny?

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 12:35PM
auntjen

I use Glee as my blusher. I apply it to my cheeks, sweep it onto my temples, and across my nose - very lightly. All of this, trying to get those places that the sun would naturally "kiss". Glee is a bit sparkly, but I find that when I follow up with a dusting of Mineral Veil, it's not too shiny or glittery. The MV kinda tones it down a bit.

I used Warmth when I was a bit tanner a few weeks ago, but as my tan faded slightly, it began to look really fake on me. Too orangey for my skin tone, I think.

Bookmark   August 11, 2005 at 11:08AM
claire_de_luna

I bought some little sample jars of blush on Ebay to see what colors I liked best. I figured by the time one of the pots was gone, I would know which one to buy. There's a lot of powder in those little jars, and I would recommend trying several if you're not sure. They aren't expensive, and also great to take along when you're traveling. I'm liking the Glee too...

Bookmark   August 14, 2005 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Sponsored Products
Pebblebrook Rug 3'6" x 5'6" - SILVER
$159.00 | Horchow
Daring Orange Cleo 24" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Scaffold Three Story Rolling Scaffold Tower
Beyond Stores
Dove Robe Hook
Signature Hardware
AICO Furniture - Oppulente Chest in Sienna Spice - 67070-52
Great Furniture Deal